Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: China Mobile

Re: Smart Dialing missed with 10.1.0.4633

5.JPG

Contributor

ViciousFerret:

please refer to pictures I posted above. I wish the pictures will help you to understand the problem is true... I do not think it is just my problem , actually there is lots of posts requesting smart dialing option. For god sake, if there is no solution, just leave it away.

Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

"just leave it away" What do you mean?

Where do you see all these other posts on missing Smart Dialing option?

I am wondering of this is an issue with your mobile provider provisioning. Can you try removing your SIM card from the device, and then reboot the Q10 and check again?

And by the way, no one doesn't believe you, I just wanted to see what options were all there for you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Tried and the problem still there. Do not understand it is depending on mobile provisioning. In personal, I have caller id displayed. For sim, I am sure it following umts spec. there is no option for sim to enable to add country code.

I don't understand the problem either.

Where have you seen so many other posts on this same issue? Your is the only one I have seen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

please text " Smart dialing " in this forum and you will see how many people have same issue.

Thanks, I do see 3-4 other users.

Have you tried getting support on this from your mobile provider, China Mobile?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I spoke to them and nobody knows what casued the problem. I do remember when I used 8320 with smart dialing disable, I have this problem, afterward, I enabled the function and the problem was fixed.

Anyway, Smart dialing function help address book to recognize the number which belongs to local regardless of country prefix added or not,  I obersved some incoming number , something they showed +86 and something they did, however, to personal habit, I store local number without country code.

My 9900 does not have such problem....

thanks anyway, if the problem is so complicated and just my own concern, Leave it away. I am thinking of swiching to another.

If I say something not good, please accept my apology, you know, 700 CAD to have useless tools and caused lots of trouble for your work... please understand this is a nature way a customer to react.... 

andy-bb, If China Mobile has no answer or resolution for you, they should ESCALATE your call and issue to BlackBerry technical support, and YOU should ask them to do so. Some carriers don't automatically provide this, so please ask.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

A few update to the issue:

Finally I come back to Vancouver to have the q10 checked up:

The Q10 I have is a unlock one, unlocked not from Blackberry but from retailer in Vancouver,  they called hardware unlock, means, although Q10 is not officially in China market but I still can use.

When I change SIM to my Fido SIM, the smart dialing is just shown up.... with this function, you can automatically choose the country you IMSI belongs and local area code. It seems I have to have a new SIM from China mobile. The question remaining is:

1. IS OS 10 locked only to carriers which have Q10 officially lanuched Or it is just a SIM provisioning matter. For example, Is it OS to determine which function with SIM is ok for activate smart dialing function or OS lock only to those carrier who can sell Q10?

2. It is very difficult to tell customer service the issue, what is a easy way to tell the whole story.

Thanks