Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Software update=drained battery?

The phone on my Q10 stopped working so I checked for updates and was able to get it functioning again.  But immediately after the update my phone is hot to the touch and the battery - which lasted for up to 3 days w/o a charge - dies within 6 hours, even when it is off.  Any ideas?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Software update=drained battery?

When you update the OS on your phone, you're basically putting in a new brain.  With a new brain, your phone is going to need some time to adjust.  Having deplorable battery life and being able to fry eggs on your your phone are typical behaviors of a new OS.  The secret here is patience; wait for a day or two for things to balance themselves and you should see major improvements.  If things don't start to balance out after a couple of days, reloading your OS using BlackBerry Link usually helps (not loading a new OS, but reloading the same OS you just loaded. Don't ask me why it works, it just does sometimes.)

Cheers.   :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Software update=drained battery?

It's been four days since the update, but no change.  Is there any way to reload the OS without using BlackBerry Link?

Thanks!