Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 02

Software update issues

Hi,

I have today tried to update my BBQ10 to software version 10.1.0.2309 via both my phone and via the desktop version and both times it doesnt update, it installs software etc then resets to reboot the phone and starts loading, gets too 100% status on the reboot process then freezes. To get it working I need to take the battery out and soft reset 4 or 5 times to get it to load properly. Then advises me the software didnt update properly.

Any ideas? Aldo when friends call me at times their name doesnt show when calling just number, added that when I search for friends in the phonebook it doesnt find then even though I know they are there?

Thanks

Dave

Contributor
My Device: Q10 and Z10 and 9900 and Porsche Design 990
My Carrier: At&T

Re: Software update issues

I have only 2030, which I had hoped was not only resolve the issue of allowing the number and name of contact to appear, but,,,, nooot, another of my frustations is the new 10.1.0.2030, was supposesed to allow you to search in the notes app, as in the 9900, without having to do a multiple series of steps of swipe, go to global search, type the search,, scroll the results,,, and THEN pick to open,what you were looking for in the first place,, before you went to notes inmediately had the search window, typrd the first few letters, and boom you had what you needed,,,,, but with the new 10.1.0.2030,,, did NOOOT, happen either,,, not having an end call button, is also really incredible to me since i lock the screen to avoid adding calls or activating an undesired function, on the active screen,,,i have to unlock the screen, then press end call sometimes more than once , to end the call, better be careful what you say, because a lot of times the call lingers way past , the end of the conversation,,, very dissapointed,,,,,,,,
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Q10 (OS 10.3.2.2639) / BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2639)
My Carrier: Movilnet

daveo1410

try to downgrade to another version of the OS on your Q10 10.2 acuerdate that version are still more unofficial filtered vesiones therefore is not yet in operation improvement or 100% and if you lowered the 10.2 verify that is correct for your Q10.

Regards.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Veteran I Gutijose14

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10 and Z10 and 9900 and Porsche Design 990
My Carrier: At&T

Thank you Jose, and I believe you mean "download", not " downgrade", correct?, the problem is, I down loaded this up grade from an authentic notification, from AT&T, and Blackberry that appear in my Q10, Hub, under notifications. I am very disappointed with logistics of the Q 10, RIM, does not get the point, there are devices for work and devices to have fun, play and socialize. A device that has a key board and buttons, plus an active screen is trying to be both and is neither. The reason at one time they led the market was the intelligence and logic of their system, but instead of consistently moving forward improving on those sound basis, and in an effort to compete, with the fun and games of Cupertino, they continue to push these 3 hump frankenstein camels, that continue to frustrate their loyal business client base. If they continue in this down spiral path to self destruction, I am back to using a land line,,, Again, Thank you Jose.