Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10

Strange email occurrence

I love my new Q10! I have had several Blackberrys, my last one being a Torch, and there is something strange happening with my email since I switched to Q10.  I use Outlook and retrieve email to my computer.  However, since I've switched to Q10, not all of my email actually retrieves to the computer! I wouldn't know I even received it except for my BB Q10 retrieves everything! I think I read something about how the email is now handled a little differently so what I need to know is, what do I do so that Outlook retrieves everything? All email remains on the server, so it's there to retrieve. Also, some friends are getting emails that are coming from my Blackberry email address, which I don't use, something about not receiving a message.  I also am getting random emails from postmaster@att.blackberry.net with the subject being Delivery Status Notification (Failure).  Thank you for your helpf!

Retired
My Device: Q10/9900/9790

Re: Strange email occurrence

[ Edited ]

Hello optimistic

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question and sorry to hear your experiencing this issue.

The issue you are having with the Outlook Mail Client on your computer should not be related to the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone. I would contact the email server administrator or the service provider of the email account in order to better troubleshooting the issue.

However, the issue related to the random emails coming from postmaster@att.blackberry.net can be resolve by following the Support Article KB10066 (found below). It appears Outlook maybe configured to forward email messages to your older Hosted BlackBerry email address.

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10066

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

It sounds as if you might need to go into settings and click to leave the messages on the server. If you don't and the Q gets the message before the computer it is then deleted and it's not there for the computer to get it. Go into Settings and Email. You should do this for both the Q and your computer.

Contributor
My Device: Q10

Thank you both for your replies.  As it turns out, the main issue was not a Blackberry issue at all!  In fact, if it weren't for my Blackberry, I wouldn't have known there was an issue (except for people saying, did you get my email).  That problem is the one about the email not reaching my computer.  That is not true.  In fact, coincidentally at the same time I received my new Q10, the McAfee Anti-Spam just started dumping easily 50% of my email into that folder.  In the past, real spam was all that went in there, and I had totally forgotten about that folder because emails that are not really spam have gone into the junk folder, which I monitor.  Now I've made the McAfee folder more visible and engaged in corrective measures.

So, now having found the McAfee folder, I have also found the emails from postmaster@att.blackberry.net. These emails say, "your message to { my blackberry email address that I have never given anyone} has not been delivered to the recipient's BlackBerry Handheld." There have not been any more of these emails since I requested help.

Thank you to these forums and to the Blackberry Support Team who have always been most helpful!