Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Support options?

And, if your business had a support contract directly from BlackBerry, you'd do the same.

Instead, you purchased the device from an authorized retailer, and the authorized retailer services the support.

Again, what if I bought a product from your company, and I didn't like it, or it just plain out didn't work as I expected.

I call your CEO to complain and tell him I want it fixed, and he directs me to your support team... but, no I want ONLY to deal with the CEO not the support team.. only because that is what I want! I don't want to follow the clearly laid out support model your company has designed -- I want to get support the way I want to get support.

Same difference. You're wanting support through in a manner that BlackBerry doesn't support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
joachimbuechse
My Device: Q10

I feel like you are taking this very personal - you like Blackberry and I'm sure you have good reasons for it. Good on you.

Still I don't understand why you try to make my request for DIRECT support of a premium product look unreasonable. Blackberry is the only "high-end" phone producer I know off that makes it difficult to call them. I dont see how not providing DIRECT support could be beneficial for the users of the devices (or the company). I just think it's a very bad decision and they should change that ASAP.

BTW: I did call the number from the link you posted and I also got a swiss number today from my reseller (they dont provide Blackberry support themselves). Both hotlines basicly refused to analyse the problem and suggest I send the Q10 in (to my reseller) for hardware analysis. The one suggestion they provided was that I turn off Wifi and switch from 2g+3g+4g to 2g+3g. I did that, lets see what comes out of it.

PS: If you really didnt like one of our products, you would very likely end up talking to either me or the CEO in a matter of minutes - especially if we promised something that turns out not to work. If you would be talking to me and requested to talk to the CEO I would happily pass you on and he would take the call without hesitation. But that comparison doesnt work very well - we are a small company and our products are not in the price range of a phone. However it is a silly comparison anyway, I'd be surprised if the Blackberry CEO is competent when it comes to solving tech problems with the Q10 - then again who knows. You think I should try calling him? You wouldn't happen to have his number?;-)

Regards, Joachim

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

No, I'm not taking it personal, you are making it personal.

It's boils down very simple:

• BlackBerry has a prescribed support model for personal users.
  • Blackberry has a prescribed support model for those with large support contracts.
  • You want to use another support channel not available to you: Direct to BlackBerry.
  • You can't have what you want
  • I have clearly (and politely and timely) tried to guide you and you won't accept that.

I know you're frustrated... that's why I initially responded. And the bottom line is I think you're getting expected battery life. And I am a user just like you, and when you registered for this forum you accepted the agreement that clearly stated you would be exchanging information with other users, and the header of this page and every page above clearly states "discuss support topics with your peers"...

Try Twitter @BlackBerryHelp

Or, call your mobile operator to which you are subscribed with BlackBerry services. They provide the triage and escalate up any issue which they cannot resolve AND you should demand it if they do not. Spend the energy you have on that, as you have in this thread, and you'll be well on your way. You will get an incident number and a phone number.

Oh, I own a business also wherein I would likely handle your issue direct, myself.

That is why my scenario above had all the "if" statements. If if if.

Good luck. I hope you get some satisfaction on the battery issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andu9
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

[ Edited ]

You are wrong. You took it personal and then denied it. You've stated that BlackBerry has a particular support model and, yet, you are claiming that you are just a user. I really don't think you have a business, otherwise, customer support would be important to you as well. There's no excuse for a half baked product and you are pointing users in the wrong direction (e.g. Addressing problems to carrier provider), delaying an inevitable conclusion: BB10 is not delivering most of the claims. In short:

- one user asked for support;

- there's no support, or you don't know it so, don't answer and don't claim there's no need for support;

- the user is right and he should be able to state his opinion, you are bullying him by claiming he has false expectations and you are misleading him with logical traps (e.g. Applying your template of thinking, if my car is broken I will have to address the issue to my petrol station=mobile carrier provider);

- truth is: battery life is just marketing.

That's all.

PS: don't even bother respond to this, the reply is meant for topic initiator, not for you. Or, if you have something to add, please send a note to your mobile carrier provider, they will escalade your response to me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joachimbuechse

I did call my operator today (I dont have any special blackberry subscription, just a regular plan). They don't provide service for devices not purchased through them - they were very friendly though, after all I'm a valued customer there. They suggest I try the reseller - which I already did. Reseller gives me the Blackberry support hotline - which then suggest I send the device in to the reseller. So no progress here.

Regarding the "making it personal": I think I thanked you (twice) for the links you sent. I think I did not criticise you for your reponses. I'm criticising BB for their apparent choices. (And yes, you responded quickly to my messages, so quickly in fact that BB should pay you for hanging around in case they dont already do in one way or another. It's also very kind of you to wish me luck and satisfaction. If you feel that I did not treat you politely I'm sorry but I think thats not really my fault. I dont see anything personally offensive in my postings, but english is not my mother tongue, so I'm sorry if I may sound rude - I'm doing my best not to.)

And yes

• Blackberrys attitude of making it difficult to call them
  • Blackberrys denial to analyse user issues on the phone
  • Blackberrys apparent absence from their own "Official BlackBerry Support Community Forums"
  • Blackberrys apparent radical misstatement of standby time

is a bit hard to accept.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Andu9 wrote:

You are wrong. You took it personal and then denied it. You've stated that BlackBerry has a particular support model and, yet, you are claiming that you are just a user. I really don't think you have a business, otherwise, customer support would be important to you as well. There's no excuse for a half baked product and you are pointing users in the wrong direction (e.g. Addressing problems to carrier provider), delaying an inevitable conclusion: BB10 is not delivering most of the claims. In short:

- one user asked for support;

- there's no support, or you don't know it so, don't answer and don't claim there's no need for support;

- the user is right and he should be able to state his opinion, you are bullying him by claiming he has false expectations and you are misleading him with logical traps (e.g. Applying your template of thinking, if my car is broken I will have to address the issue to my petrol station=mobile carrier provider);

- truth is: battery life is just marketing.

That's all.

Andu,

1. I don't care whether you "think" I own my business or not. :smileywink:

I am betting I've owned my private company longer than you've been out of diapers.

2. No one is "bullying" anyone here;  joachim and I have had somewhat of an open, honest and fair conversation on his concerns.

3. I don't claim there is no need for support for BlackBerrys. I don't think you've read this thread.

4. joachim and you can certainly state your opinion all you want and no one has hindered or cut that off.

And the fact that he CAN voice his opinion here does not in any way force me to be quiet.

5. I have not mislead joachim in any manner with my "logical traps". I can see quite clearly in this thread that joachim is well enough educated and aware that he can handle himself and there's no need for you to belittle him stating that I have misled him.

Andu9 wrote:

PS: don't even bother respond to this, the reply is meant for topic initiator, not for you. Or, if you have something to add, please send a note to your mobile carrier provider, they will escalade your response to me.

6. Oh. Whatever. My reply here is meant for the OP. Too. :smileyhappy:

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

joachimbuechse wrote:

I did call my operator today (I dont have any special blackberry subscription, just a regular plan). They don't provide service for devices not purchased through them - they were very friendly though, after all I'm a valued customer there. They suggest I try the reseller - which I already did. Reseller gives me the Blackberry support hotline - which then suggest I send the device in to the reseller. So no progress here.

Who is this mobile provider? Swisscom?

Quite honestly, they are not being truthful with you.

You are NOT seeking support for the hardware in your hand, you are seeking support for the service you are paying for and that is the SOFTWARE service. You have a right to have this issue escalated to BlackBerry, but Swisscom just doesn't want to do it.

Swisscom is the one misleading you.

Joachim, again, thank you for keeping this conversation gentlemanly, unlike another here who came to your defense when I don't even think you need defending. You are well spoken yourself, and without the need of a rabble rouser untruths from the sideline. All the same it's his prvilege to post here and yours to like his post all you want.

All I can see here is that you're not getting the answer you want to hear and therefore you're upset. I understand that.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
joachimbuechse

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

Who is this mobile provider? Swisscom?

Quite honestly, they are not being truthful with you.

You are NOT seeking support for the hardware in your hand, you are seeking support for the service you are paying for and that is the SOFTWARE service. You have a right to have this issue escalated to BlackBerry, but Swisscom just doesn't want to do it.

Now it is Swisscoms fault, seriously? They are providing to me a SIM card and a relatively good GSM, UMTS and LTE service as far as I can tell. I very much doubt that the SIM card or the software running on it can suck the battery dry in a day. I've not subscribed to any particular blackberry service if that's what you mean. No piece of the software on the Q10 itself was made by Swisscom afaik. Yes, I would love Swisscom to support my device. But hey, it was made by Blackberry and it was not distributed or purchased through Swisscom. I can understand why they do not support want to support it.

On the other hand, I have trouble understanding why the producer won't. Of anyone in the sales chain I would assume they probably

• know the thing best
  • may be able to change something
  • had the highest (percentage) margin

Regards,

Joachim

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

Yes, it is Swisscom who provides the support.

Yes it is their fault if they blow you off.

Yes you need to stand up to them and make it known to them they are wrongly turning you away.

Yes, they can escalate these issues for you up to BlackBerry's tier two technical support.

Yes, at this point you're arguing with a brick wall. I can't change it for you.

You can be firmer or louder with Swisscom.

If you don't understand any of this, scroll and re-read my attempt to explain this to you.

And finally, yes, if you don't like this support model, you are very welcome to return the device to the seller and get your money back. You do have that privilege of consumer choice, right?

I tried.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andu9
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

[ Edited ]

Support options:

- you can call +1 877 552 5532 and there will be a ticket issued for your problem (I've tried, it works);

- you can go to your service provider: this is less transparent but they're, generally, willing to help.

I hope this will help.

LE:

BlackBerry Technical Support
BlackBerry
Tel:
NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
Europe: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108
Email: help@blackberry.com
Web: www.blackberry.com

Please use plain text.