Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

lezou
My Carrier: Orange France

Switching constantly from speaker to headset

Hello,

I;ve had my Q10 for a few days now (I switched from a 9810) and I'm very happy about it.

One problem though: when I insert my BB headset, audio switches from speaker to headset constantly so I can only hear fragments of conversation. I have to remove the headset and either use the loud speaker or normal audio.

I tried my previous BB headset and the one provided with the q10: same issue.

it is a brand new Q10 (they're not that old anyway) so I highly doubt there's dust in the connector.

Does anyone have the same issue ?

I've not tried with music or videos.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FrankS57
My Carrier: 02

Re: Switching constantly from speaker to headset

No mine is fine, I've used the supplied headset to listen to Music, watch videos and also on a few long conference calls, the audio is better than it was on my privious Bold. Sould like you make have a faulty phone.

Please use plain text.
lezou

It doesn't happen all the time... I tried with other app and it seems to happen only when I plug the headset during a playback
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlashkor
My Carrier: Orange

Hi there

My wife and I have 2 new Q10s, and we are getting this problem! The audio keeps switching from headset to the phone speaker. When it does work the audio only comes through one earpiece! This is really annoying is there a solution to this problem? I've tried different earphones but the problem is the same.

Please use plain text.
blacksha
My Carrier: Verizon

Has there been any resolution on this?  I am having same problem and it is important to have headset capability for my job.  I have had my Q10 for a week and am not happy with this...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlashkor

The only way I could get it to work was by not fully inserting the headphone or twisting the headphone jack connection. Only other solution I considered was getting a bluetooth headset. Sadly no response from Blackberry
Please use plain text.
lezou

I've listened to music with no problem since the initial occurence.

I've not tried the BlackBerry headset but a noise cancelling headset I use in planes.

I've also bought a 20€ BT earpiece that works just fine.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlashkor

Just tried my earphones again and they are working perfectly! I had a perfect skype call with the headphones and no problems. I definitely think an app was interfering with the sound. Try turning off or closing skype and any other apps that require audio.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlashkor

Blacksha are you using an outer protective case when you connect your headphones? I think that might be why. Make sure the headphone is fully inserted into the headphone jack.
Please use plain text.
blacksha
My Carrier: Verizon

No, I am not using a case.  Nothing above fixes it.

Does anyone at Blackberry know what is wrong?

Please use plain text.