Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Synchronization of past Outlook Calendar entries with Blackberry Q10

Is there no option to include the synchronization of past calendar entries from my Outllok Calendar? All what I found on Blackberry Link is “Import contacts/ Calendar”. However, it seems that the synchronization applies only to future Outlook Calendar entries. There should be an option allowing to keep the past calendar entries on the BB device. Is there something that I overlook? Thanks for any support.  

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Synchronization of past Outlook Calendar entries with Blackberry Q10

Hello mokkTA1 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for your question synchronizing your device with your computer.

In BlackBerry Link click on your device and open the settings. Under Synchronization click on Configure next to the Calendar. Under Device Sync Period there is an option to sync All Entries. The default setting chooses the last 30 days and future entries.

After changing the sync period, try the sync and let me know if the older items now import.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

If you are using Exchange and have Outlook syncd to your Q10 everything should be syncd going back to the oldest entry on Outlook. I have my Q10 setup with Activesync and email, calendar, contacts all sync continuously. I hope this helps or maybe I don't understand the question.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Thank you very much for the proposed solution. It works, but not 100%. The synchronisztion of the outlook history is limited to 30 days.

However, I face another seriuos problem. After the installation of the Blackbery Llink I observed that my PC had became very slowly and I face problems to start the computer.  Sometimes the PC crashes and I have to restart it again. I wonder whether you also observed this kind of problems with Blalckberry Link.   

Contributor
My Device: 9900

Is this also possible without installing BB Link?

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

If your Outlook is hosted on an Exchange server then the answer is yes. Just make sure the account is enabled for ActivSync. In fact some hostng companies actually charge extra for BES hosting so you might be able to save a little money. On the Q go to email account setup and then advanced, select ActivSync and fill in the server and other info and you should be ready to go.