Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Text Message Issue

Hey Guys,

When I type up a text, and hit 'enter' to send, there is about a three second pause where the text disappears before it shows up in the conversation. I can't start writing a new text during that pause either. I tried flipping between two text conversations and the screen went grey.

I have no apps running, and my BBM messages send just fine. I'm hoping this is can be fixed with a patch.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Text Message Issue

From the way I understand the question, you are waiting for the text to be transitted by the phone, go through the carrier's system, and then have the return data come back to you. There are many processes going on to transmitt and receive any kind of data.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

When I send messages through BBM it doesn't freeze, though.

Should the text message not appear in the conversation area with an icon that denotes that it is trying to send?

My issue isn't so much with the delay in transmission; I'm curious as to why the phone freezes for 3 seconds when I hit 'send'.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

It's probably just a software glitch (and a minor one, at that). Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it and see if that helps.

Post back with your results. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortuantely nothing has changed, though. I pulled the battery out a few times, and I'm still getting a delay in sending texts. I counted one pause as long as 6 seconds.

Like I said, hopefully it's just something than can be patched (if it is indeed a software issue).

New Contributor

I did a factory reset and I seem to still be having this issue. No one else?

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Any resolution yet? Got my Q10 on 6/21 and having this issue as well. No problem with my network, but the OS seems unreasonably slow with a brand new phone. Same here, takes 15-20 seconds (or more) to even load a sending or sent message and sometimes glitches when switching back and forth between texts. Its as if I'm using an old computer with no memory. I'm going to try to do a wipe and reset the whole thing after a back up, but if anyone has any advice before I have to rearrange all my apps and settings, please do so!

New Contributor

Glad to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. Although, it is a bit unfortunate. That's exactly how I would describe what I'm experiencing. Still no solution, though. I did a factory reset, but the only thing that that accomplished was the loss of all of the contacts that I linked together.

Does anyone have any solutions for us? I'm still hoping that it can be patched out!

My Device: q10
My Carrier: 3102105263

I am having the same issue as well, i just noticed it today. Also i am having sent issue, it seems some are not even being sent out as far as my SMS goes, i have the delay when i try to send a series of text...

i do hope they send a patch for this maybe its a software issue and not a factory defect (which i would understand how it would happen)...
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Same issue also for me, on rare occasions, 3-4 times/week.