Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Globe

Text Messages not appearing in Notification & Hub

hi

there are a number of instances when text messages that arrive to my phone does not appear in the notification or in the hub. but, if you click on the message thread of a sender, new messages are there. this is quite an inconvenience since i have to check every message thread if there are new text messages. a workaround, which is not practical, is to restart the phone. after restart, all the new text messages will appear in the notification and the Hub will be updated.

anyone who has experienced this or with a more acceptable solution?

my phone is a BB Q10 with Software Release 10.1.0.2309 and OS version 10.1.0.2342 Build ID 521955.

thanks

Retired
My Device: Z10 9800 9900

Re: Text Messages not appearing in Notification & Hub

Hey carlosmostoles,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question. This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. A workaround is available in the below article.

Article Title:Received SMS text messages do not appear within BlackBerry Hub on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone
Article Number: KB34478
Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34478

Let us know if you have any additional questions,

Cheers,

-WW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telechoice

Hi,

I too have the same annoying issue. I have to continuously take out the battery and restart my Q10 in order for my text messages, facebook, and email notifications to come in. This is my second Q10 now as the first one started freezing when I tried sending emails so I thought the Hub problem was related to a faulty phone but now that I have my second one, the same problems are happening (except for the freezing of the phone). It is incredibly frustrating that a phone in this price range has such a basic fault when the main purpose of a mobile phone is to receive phone calls, text messages, and emails!!

I have also found that I have multiple contact details for the same person and that if I try to call someone's mobile that begins with 04 (Australian mobiles) I get told I can't call that number, but if I call a mobile with +61 (Australian country code) I get through to them! The phone also wont save contact details of people who only have a landlines number.

I have been with Blackberry for 6 years now and this is my 4th BB phone. I have always been a staunch advocate of the Blackberry until now. These software issues should not be happening in a high end phone.

Blackberry, please create a fix for these basic issues as soon as possible.

I have a Blackberry Q10; OS version 10.1.0.1910; Build 517312; and Software Update 10.1.0.314

Many thanks

New Contributor
My Carrier: SFR

Hello,

I got exactly same issue, text message is not notified but they are received, and i can find new text message by search or contact activity, but no HUB notification, no sms applications notification, and no sound...

Ony After restart I can receive normally 2 or 3 text sms...

usually when people text me, they need instant answer. So what ?

Please give us a way to solve issue definitively (wipe, all sms delete ???...)

for information, i updated already 3 times my Q10 and now i use leaked OS 10.1.0.4687, and this problem is still the same.

thx

New Contributor
My Carrier: SFR

Dear all, I found a solution, (because this KB34478 is useless):

UNINSTALL FACEBOOK APP AND REMOVE BATTERY.

Next text message notification is working correctly.

I guess facebook appz was not corectly converted from android...

New Contributor

Hi apasdeloup ,

I tried your method but it did not work for me. It may work for others though. I'd be interested in knowing if this was successful for other people.

My Carrier: o2

Did you solve this? Mine is doing the same! Occasionally if I remove the battery it resolves but then does it again a day or so later!
My Carrier: Warid

hi,

It was very time consuming but a short cut to resolve problem for text message is make back up of only contacts & calenders from bblink to outlook , Wipe the phone sync them back and there you have it.

I feel problem is when the msg's stuck you need to get them out of your handset as the files are corrupted.

TC.

New Contributor

Hi,

I previously tried apasdeloup's suggestion of uninstalling the facebook app and removing the battery and found it did not resolve the issue of text messages not appearing in the hub.

I have since read an article suggesting that by simply turning off notifications for facebook in the hub's settings will fix this problem. I applied this suggestion, restarted my phone, and have not had any problems since.

Hopefully this will work for other people too.

:smileyhappy:
Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

My Q10 on AT&T is almost doing the same thing. I have another phone on the way but I'm having issues receiving or sending text messages. Sometimes when a message does not go out, it will have the 'red clock' next to it indicating that it was not sent. When this occurs, the message does not go out and when that same person tries to send me something, I won't get it. This is a serious issue. If a modern smart phone in 2013 cannot  receive or send text messages, I'll have to switch to another brand of phone. Please advise all of us on what to do. I'm sure people have lost business and productivity because of this issue.