Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Blackberry Q10

Re: Text Messages not appearing in Notification & Hub

What is the fix for this issue?
Contributor
My Device: Q10

Nothing so far. I hope this is fixed in 10.2 but I'm starting to doubt it if Blackberry doesn't even really acknowledge the issue.

I found stopping facebook notifications has worked for me, it hasn't happened since, altho I still have 3 fb notifications from before I did it still stuck there that I can't delete. Can cope with that tho.
New Contributor

10.2 is not solving the issue.

I reinstalled facebook and desactivating facebook notication in hub is working.

But still when I activate those notifications, text messages notifications are down...

Contributor

I'm still having the same issue with text messages. I just got a new Q10 sent to me from AT&T, I turned off the Facebook notifications in The Hub, and I've had AT&T reset it on their end. It seems that the text messages go out extremely slow. If I send a reply at the same exact time I'm receiving messages from another person, sometimes the message I just typed and sent won't even show up. Last, I still get the 'red clock' next to messages and they just do not go out and trying to resend it doesn't do anything at all. 

I'm sorry Blackberry but I have to leave now. It's been great but a smart phone in 2013 (almost 2014) that can't manage text messages is of no use to me.I'm losing time AND money because of this. I can't take it anymore. I'm going to iphone as much as I hate to. Maybe I'll come back if 10.2 actucally works.  I really wish that someone from Blackberry supoort actually took the time to get on this thread too. Sad.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30

SOLUTION....Re: Text Messages not appearing in Notification & Hub

Believe it or Not i found a simple solution to this problem...  

First I did a factory reset on my cell to start from scratch with no contacts and etc... I then ask multiple friends to send me text messages (SMS) to see if i would get them.  For hours, all my text  message notifications were working fine. Next step, i setup my email accounts accounts...and once again all my notifications were still working fine.  

Next i logged into my facebook account and that's when all of a sudden after a few minutes. NO MORE NOTIFICATIONS. No text msg, no emails, no fbook notifications.  The default FACEBOOK APP was the problem. I simply deleted the default FACEBOOK APP by tapping and holding the icon for 5 secs... and tap the top right corner of the garbage can and clicked YES to delete.  Rebooted my cell and then went on Blackberry World to download the latest FACEBOOK APP and logged into my account. Ever since i did this all my notifications have been working fine. It's only been 24hrs but still it's a major step. I will continue to monitor the situation but my suggestion to you guys... FIRST THINGS FIRST is to delete the default FACEBOOK APP.... and before you re-download it reboot your cell and wait for a little while to see if you're getting your notifications.... then go ahead and re-download the Facebook APP from Blackberry World everything should be fine.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Sorry BlackBerry. I have been a fan of yours for many years now and have boasted of your incredible phones to many people in that time. After many problems, a number of full system factory resets, and 2 replacement BBQ10 handsets, and still having problems, I have had to make the pained decision to swap to the iPhone 5S. I must admit while i'm not a fan of the iPhone 5S, at least it works. I wish I didn't have to change brands but you've left me with no choice. Goodbye BlackBerry.