Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
TarjaLP
My Device: BlackBerryQ10

Text changes to MMS mode

I have my phone (BBQ10) setting to send texts in SMS mode. It does that except, when I do a "reply" text to my son's iPhone. If I choose his name from my contacts, the text will go out in SMS mode, but when he texts me and  I text to him as reply, the message comes up :"Entering MMS mode" and most of the time he does not get these texts. How can I change texts to him go out in SMS mode? Thank you.

New Contributor
Tr_De50
My Device: Q10, Z10, Bold 9900

Re: Text changes to MMS mode

Are you sure that your replies are to his phone number and not an email address?

New Contributor
TarjaLP

My son checked and he says, it is a text, not an email. After testing it several times today, we also noticed, that when I take his name out of my contacts, he always receives the same text twice... and when I try to reply to his text, it changes to MMS mode and he is not getting any of those texts ( maybe because, my phone is set to send texts out as SMS texts). Thanks... hoping for more help.

New Contributor
TarjaLP

After trying all kind of things, found a solution. I have my contacts in the phone and in the SIM card. I deleted his name from both contact lists (I tried earlier to just by deleting him from the phone contact list - no change) and added him back as a new contact only to phone contacts. Texts seem to stay in SMS mode and he is only receiving them once. Thanks.

feline1
My Device: Q10

I'm getting this same problem on my Q10, and the SIM card vs. phone memory Contacts thing doesn't fix it.

I see a lot of people with the same problem in this and other forums.
New Contributor
B00001

Did either of you come from an iPhone to the BB? If so, your number is still registered with Apple as being an IPhone, so to tries to send as iMessage. Can't send so it resends as MMS.
New Contributor
TarjaLP

I didn't use iPhone, had a Blackberry Bold previously... My texts are still working just fine.

feline1

Nope, I've never had an iPhone.
New Contributor
janetslimak

Having exact same problem with 2 family members. Checked settings in advanced but phone insists on sending MMS and not sure they are being rec'd. Have not tested yet.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

BUMPITY BUMP

same issue. can't find a way to remove the duped contact in the group SMS which converts to MMS and dupes the messages. Only option is to delete the text or clear the texts which will both erase all of the texts.

Z10 (P)OS 10.2.0.1047