Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thumbnail for standard wallpapers missing

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Blackberry Q10. Today, while selecting a new wallpaper I noticed that a thumbnail image of a factory wallpaper (bb_blue) is missing. In the settings application as well as in the file manager the device only shows a standard icon (flower).

I already restarted the device and removed the battery for some minutes - that did not fix the issue. Is there any way to get the thumbnail back? Since those files a read-only there is no way to re-add the picture etc. The file itself seems to be valid since the wallpaper is still showing if selected. Only the thumbnail is missing.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Best regards,

Stephan

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Thumbnail for standard wallpapers missing

Hey stanft,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are all the other thumbnails appearing in the wallpaper?  Also what version of BlackBerry 10 software are you running?  Go to Settings>About to get this information.

Just to clarify, you can set the wallpaper but just the thumbnail is not displaying?  Is that correct?

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi ViciousFerret,

your assumption is correct: The thumbnail is not displayed but I can choose the wallpaper and it is displayed correctly. I will attach a screenshot of the wallpaper selection that shows the missing thumbnail.

I am running software version 10.1.0.4181 and OS version 10.1.0.4633.

Best regards,

Stephan

Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

I am having the EXACT same problem as is being mentioned here (Only mine is on my Z10). Any help would be greatly appreciated! My carrier is at&t. I am running BB OS 10.1.0.2019 Version 10.1.0.2074 STL 100-3. This is the SECOND time this same icon has disappeared, showing only the generic flower place holder.