Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

tefinium
My Device: Q10

Weird SMS Issue on Q10

Hi All!

I bought a Q10 for my wife 2 months ago and had it upgraded to the latest 2309 software about 1 week ago. Everything has been going on jolly until 2 days ago when the SMS just stopped working. It is able to receive message fine, but clicking on it would not open the message. I cannot compose any text message either from the Hub or the Contacts.

All other components seem to be working fine. I tried moving the SIM card to another phone and verified that the SMS network works fine. I also tried to reload the software to no avail.

Please help!

Pangestu

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Weird SMS Issue on Q10

Hi tefinium,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Are you unable to open the SMS message both in the SMS application and in the Hub? Can you please elaborate on what happens when you try to compose an SMS message in the SMS application, in the Hub and in Contacts? When you tried the SIM card in another device, was it a BlackBerry 10 device and were you able to test the same functionality that you are having the issue with on your wife's BlackBerry Q10 smartphone?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
waelmaksoud
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Re: Weird SMS Issue on Q10

hello,

I am facing same issue since i upgraded to the Software version .2309

I am unable to send/recieve SMS, open or delete the existing SMS.

Kindly please advise.

regards,