Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900 - v2

last time i tried to sync over outlook.com it didnt sync our local symbols like: ā, š, ķ, ī, ļ, ž, č etc

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Augusts, if you haven't used a Z10 or Z30 keyboard, you can't judge it.

There's nothing on the market to compare to the accuracy.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

A bb10 device Q20 coming up with trackpad and other standart os7 buttons :smileyhappy:
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: T MOBILE USA

Agustus,Jsanders is right about Q30 TOUCHSCREEN KEYBOARD. There is nothing on d market as good as this touchscreen keyboard! I ve tried them all and I hate touchscreen keyboard.:smileyhappy:..I bought Q10, I WANT ONLY PHISICAL KEYBOARD...but this Q30 keyboard is something significantely better then d rest!
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

JSanders was talking abou the Z10/Z30 keyboard, not the Q30. There is nothing wrong with the Q10 keyboard.

The people that think the physical keyboard is best haven't given the Z10/Z30 keyboard the 7 day challenge. I thought I was a physical keyboard die hard but now I will NEVER go back to the physical keyboard. Z10/Z30 virtual keyboard is phenomenal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: T MOBILE USA

JohnClarck, yes,I apologise,Z30,BUT..
A) Phisical keyboard (90% muscles of fingers and 10% muscles of eyes)
B) TouchScreen keyboard (90% mucles of eyes and 10% mucles of finger)
SOO
On long run,if u type 8h per days as do..for 10years...trust me...U WOULD FEEL A DIFFERENCE IN UR EYES...
So pls BB think about us population between 20 and 50y old...who doesent have eyes of steel:smileyhappy:)...VIVA PHYSkeyboard:smileyhappy:...and yes as ttouch screen Keyboard..Z30 is right now BestMoneyCanBuy...xx:smileyhappy:
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I am in that age group you describe. I wear readers for everything now.

Virtual keyboard vs physical keyboard is personal preference for sure. However, people need to give a week, two at most, to be hooked on the new BB virtual keyboard. I know. I've been there.

Your theory about 90% vs 10% doesn't work because I can type on my Z10 without even looking at the keyboard (and I do if I don't have my glasses) and it gets my words/sentences correct 95% of the time. I can type something that is completely illegible and it corrects it to what I wanted. it is not just about what the keyboard looks like. It is the programming that went into it. It is absolutely amazing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea, and I am even PAST that 50 yo age group... the typing is incredible.

My 78 yo mother in law was complaining to me about her iPhone typing and how difficult it was.

I pulled out my Z10, asked her to watch what I type on the screen and I turned my head looking the other direction while I completed two sentences with not one mistake. She was sold. It just magically knows what I am typing.

And I wear reading glasses also.. it comes with age. It's not the phone's fault.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

any more rumours on this?

High-End - During BlackBerry's press conference John Chen noted that BlackBerry is also working on some new, high-end smartphones that will be sought after not only by the BlackBerry core, but likely by the larger smartphone consumer base as well. While it was still too early for Francois to get into any details with us, judging by the grin on his face and sparkle in his eye as he talked about this, I can't help but believe BlackBerry has some really cool stuff coming our way. Great news for all us hardcore enthusiasts!

Super Contributor

as for the keyboard Im just not a touch screen keyboard guy. i actually bought z10 last yr as it was on sale before q10 kept it for a week and didnt really like at that time. but i have an ipad and i hate typing on it, once i have to type I go with my 9900. however, the q10 keyboard is better as 9900.

interesting point, what kind of laptops do most bb users use? i only use ibm/lenovo, is this common or not really?