Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

To devlberry,
Is it? The hundreds of thousands of post are stating NO bcc option, not It is manual... It is manual on my 9900, where is it not manual? Which device?

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
devlberry
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

With a couple of my dozen email accounts which I have set up on my 9900, for every email I send I get a Bcc copy automatically

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

And how did ou do it?
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
devlberry

In email setup

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

@kosten4:

There3's a big difference between automatic bcc and manual bcc, which you considered to be relevant. If you have many e-mail accounts, you would always have to enter the individual bcc, or use only one bcc for all outgoing e-mails. In any case if you should forget to manually enter the bcc, you have no record of what you have sent someone.

BIS did this very comfortably in addition to being able to enter an alternate reply address.

Even the Androids and iOS have an auto bcc in their respective e-mail account setup.

Actually it is a must!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed

@kosten4:

BIS is used for setting up e-mail accounts for the 9900 and prior BlackBerrys. Here, an auto bbc was available.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
devlberry

Thank you for proving a major shortcoming....that plus the lack of notification when you get Bcc'd, sounds like something valid to "moan" about

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Danny_B
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I also used bcc on my BB Curve so I would have a record of emails I sent from the device.  After connecting the Q10 to my Exchange server via ActiveSync, I found I could sync the Sent Items.  This solved it for me, although I understand it may not be appropriate for all users.

To deal with another major issue I was having...the inablity to define and maintain groups of contacts for sending group texts/emails, I last night downloaded SMSbyNow.  I started setting up groups with it, and it appears that it should do the job, although I haven't actually sent anything with it yet.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed

@Danny_B:

The MS-Exchange world is a little different. I have 2 Exchange accounts which have no problems regarding sent mails. But, I also have 8 POP accounts, which have serious shortcomings without auto bcc.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tobsterboi
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Fido

To kosten4: 

In case you haven't found it.   Setup - Email Accounts (x) - choose any email address then Edit and you'll find the Auto BCC Option under Delivery Options.   Alot of ppl including myself use this featuer to keep track of sent emails for various reasons.

The more and more comments I read in this topic I thought to myself BlackBerry has focused 100% on "innovation" and completely ignored existing loyal users/customers.  What happened to the team who designed and developed the "Bold" Product line? I'm sure they would have said something about the Q10...

Seriously.. i'm so disappointed...

*Exactly one week after swtiching from the Q10 to Bold 9900 and counting...

Please use plain text.