Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
blondeix
My Device: Bold 9900 - Q10 - PB64

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Hi mdbd @154

I'd give you a triple-like if I could.

Bernard

Bernard
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
blondeix

Hi petercreasey @155,
You are so happy with them, it'd be nice to know how you use them,
There may be a way most of everybody is missing.
Bernard
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
atommo
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Ive had mine a week now and I so much wanted to like it but I'm seriously considering going back to Carphone Warehouse and seeing if they'll swap it for a 9900, (my old 9900 was given to my son, he loves it and I havent the heart to take it off him). So many simple little things that are missing or made more difficult to do. Such a shame.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ml86
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm kicking myself for not looking at this thread before buying my Q10. I agree with much of what has been discussed, the lack of notification profiles (and Holster settings), limited blackberry bridge, no trackpad and send/end buttons, etc. I was very excited about this phone and I am now very dissapointed. I am only a week into the purchase, and can still return it per VZW policy. I am thinking about trying to exchange it for a Bold 9930. Has anyone gone through this exchange with Verizon, and if so, how did it go?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
petercreasey
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

it'd be nice to know how you use them,

No special techniques, just normal user actions e.g. email, phoning, light texting, browsing, syncing with vehicles, and so on.

The only things I really miss are the key ("$") to immediately go to vibrate mode and the key ("1") to immediately access voice mail.

. . . . .  Pete

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mdbd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

For those frustrated trying to find another 9900 - luckily I'm with ATT and they still have the 9900 online (for $99 as of yesterday 7/2) and they're not refurbs.  I took my Q10 back to the local store - got my upgrade reversed and then I was able to upgrade online to the 9900 at that price.  So that's my tip if any of you are with ATT.  Their stores can't get them anymore, but the website can and they were great working with me on it.

Bernard..thanks for the like(s)!  I just felt I have to tell it like it is!  Hopefully BB will now listen.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
blondeix

Thanks petercreasey @ 165,
So I am assuming there is no BES, or other company technical support, no Playbook or equivalent. Probably only Q10 to Q10 communication.
Thanks Pete and my best wishes with your Q10s.
Bernard
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spetrakos
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I am sad to say that I am returning my Q10 to the At&t store today. My trial period is almost up, and I dont want to be stuck with it. I have tried to get used to it, but its a real pain. I miss the trackpad, back button, end call button, and menu button. I also miss the fact that at 9am I would get my facebook updates for birthdays, and could easily just click "post on wall" and post. Now I get the update, and have to go to the actual Facebook app, go to events, and choose the person from there. In addition, copy and paste is a pain, and having to make sure you click correctly on a misspelled text in order for the correct word options to pop up is a pain as well. The trackpad made all that easy. Most importantly though, I cant get used to the AMOLED screen. It strains my eyes, and gives me headaches. While this is just a personal issue, I believe the other things I mentioned above are issues affecting everyone else.

I went from a Curve to the Q10, and was really excited when it finally came out. I was hoping for a BlackBerry Bold with upgraded software, a faster processor, better internet browsing, and a better camera. Instead, I lost many of the features that made BlackBerry so business friendly, and easy to use, and many of those were lost just because of the removal of the (call, menu, trackpad, back, end call) line. I understand that the industry is pushing towards touch screens, but isnt that why we have the Z10? Why not keep the Q10 for the hardcore BlackBerry users, and just improve on the features of the Bold 9900, like web browsing, and the camera? It was very simple, and BlackBerry complicated the matter even more.

Anyway, last year I got the BlackBerry Bold 9900 for a week, and returned it, mainly because the battery life was terrible. I use my phone for business, send and receive a lot of emails daily, text messages, web browsing, facebook, of course talking, and picture taking. I keep it on vibrate all the time. When I got the 9900 it only lasted me like 5-6 hours before the battery was drained. Has the battery life improved since the phones induction last year (June 2012)? I would appreciate any feedback, since Im between that phone, and an I Phone 4S or 5. Yes, as much as I thought I would never say this, I may have to go with the I Phone.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
devlberry
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

@spetrakos, my original 9900 battery recently died, basically would only hold charge like 1 hour (see post #77)...but it was 2 years old... so I just got a new JM1 battery and I'm back to getting 12-18 hours on a overnight charge and that's with moderate to heavy use, meaning lots of texting/WhatsApp, FB,  browser use, and 100ish+ emails per day...and with a little less use I'm getting 24 hrs easy... maybe the 9900 you had was a lemon?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

Just a little tip regarding battery life of the 9900: for normal use it is completely sufficient to use 2G instead of 3G (or 2G+3G). The 9900 really is not best suited for browsing, which, considerung the other advantages of the 9900, isn't that important. If I want to browse and play I use my Note 2. For daily business ise, the 9900 is still the best choice. Q10/OS10 is trash for the business user.
Please use plain text.