Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
spetrakos
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

@ Devlberry......I just changed it to 10. It was at 50. My phone has a battery saver mode. It's currently set to start when the battery is at 20%. Do you guys have it at a higher setting?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
devlberry
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

@spetrakos, nope I have the battery saver feature at 20% also

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hamilt500
My Device: Playbook; Bold9900 4G; Z10LLTE
My Carrier: Bell

this forum was started to inform Blackberry management about user concerns regarding the Q10 and the extent to which the Q10 was less usable than the 9900 series. please do not use it mutual aid in solving routine problems or the messages will lose their impact . there are lots of user forums for solving routine problems like batteries. the degredation of the user interface between the Bold and the Q10 is a really serious issue that if not solved will cause real harm to Blackberry's survival. i hope that makes sense.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spetrakos
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

You are right about that, and its my fault for getting a little carried away with the Bold. BlackBerry needed an improved version of the BlackBerry Bold 9900, and they would have been solid. The styling, and size of the Q10 is great, even though its a little larger than what we were used to. If they had improved the camera, speed,internet browsing, and had a slightly better display, the Q10 would have been a huge hit, and BlackBerry's market share would have increased greatly. While some of these changes were accomplished, they were done so by eliminated what made BlackBerry, BlackBerry. And that's nothing other than the trackpad, menu button, back button, call, and end call buttons. In addition to a few other things. I hope we see these features return ASAP because BlackBerry users are slowly moving to other companies, and the ones holding onto their old BlackBerry devices can only hold on for about another year, without having to change themselves.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
IoannisFCN
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

Seriously speaking, I doubt anyone's listening. We are all missing the obvious: BlackBerry DID NOT improve or replace the 9900 series... They just built or bought a completely new phone. A me-too iphone or what have you. This phone is not for the business users. Is for other people and other purposes. So if you are a business user you are simply forced out of BlackBerry's target market and that's that! It's simple economics. As the previous market did not help RIM's bottomline etc they had to look elsewhere. So whether we go back to our 99-phones or not it doesn't much matter for the die is cast! Sooner or later you will need a new device so start looking...
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

IoannisFCN is quite right in the statement. BlackBerry has defined a new target group, to which business users just don't belong. It' a business case, which will show to be right or wrong within 6 months.

I think my 9900 and the extra 9900 I just bought will bring me to the end of 2014, be it that BlackBerry kills BIS.

The present status does not show the Q10/OS10 to be a viable alternative to the 9900.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RobertVance
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telus

There was a brief moment yesterday when I thought that Blackberry was actually listening to the concerns like those in this forum.  I thought that when I read this headline:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/blackberry-confirms-one-bb7-based-phone-shipping-later-this-year/

Unfortunately, it sounds like it's an entry level device.  It's kind of funny.  When I first decided to try to make my frustrations with the Q10 public, I was genuinely angry and wondered how Blackberry could abandon their core market so completely.  But here we are months later and...  I've lost all of that enthusiasm.  It's like the 7 stages I guess.  The sentiments of IoannisFCN are bang on.  

All I can say is thank you for the opportunity to vent with everyone here and it was nice to know that I'm not alone in my opinions on this.  But I guess I'm going to have to work on changing those opinions now to the new paradigm.  Adapt or die.  Right?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ml86
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I upgraded my Bold 9650 to a Q10 and, for all of the reasons on this post, returned it. Fortunately I was able to use my upgrade for a Bold 9930, which I absolutely love. Simply put, there is no more efficient and intuitive platform for productivity, and in my opinion it is far superior to BB10. 

I really hope these concerns are not falling on deaf ears in Waterloo. I would hope that some Bold-like device is available in the future lineup. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

Adapt or die, Robert? I believe that is a little too melodramatic.

However, if I now were forced into a decision, Q10 would have no chance. Every other iOS or Android device on the market is superior. Of course they are lacking functionality, but at least they can fully synchronize with Outlook, with Android at a slite advantage.

The BB7 leak is an incredible disappointment . Why didn't BlackBerry say anything in this regard on a level, to which users have access to. Who in the world looks for hidden and ambiguous statements during a shereholders' meeting?? Had I known this, I would not have purchased an unusable Q10, but had waited for a "business BB7".

Please use plain text.
Contributor
heraiz
My Device: Bold 9900 - International - Arabic - Unlocked
My Carrier: Etisalat

Good idea about Doubling up on the 9900!

... Personally I would go out right now and get another 9900 if all six BB10 devices are presented in front of me WITHOUT the trackpad & the rest of the Essential buttons from the 9900.....I feel lucky to be in a city with plenty of 9900 GSM to grab for around ~$400(yes, pricey but within reach)....

If the current Blackberry CEO had true bb routes he would have Never abandoned the track pad,,,,
Please use plain text.