Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
heraiz
My Device: Bold 9900 - International - Arabic - Unlocked
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

...More News showing us that Blackberry is heading the WRONG WAY!!!

-BlackBerry To Cut Q10 and Z10 Production Due To Lackluster Sales
"A new report from Barron’s today claims that the company will be slashing production of the two BB10 devices, due to weak sales."

http://m.intomobile.com/2013/07/16/blackberry-cut-q10-and-z10-production-due-lackluster-sales/

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bite

i really hope to see soon an announcement with OS7 new hardware! 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry announced new OS 7 hardware two weeks ago during the earnings call. The 9720.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tobsterboi
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

Glad to know BlackBerry is still launching new hardware for OS7, however... from the sound of it it will not replace our current 9900 bold.  I can't wait to see a new Bold with LTE and all the bells and whistles from the Q10...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts

I mean succesor to 9900 not 9700! Nobody would switch to 9720 from 9900!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

@augusts:

I think you got something mixed up. Noboby would move fromm 9900 to 9700. I then can't really imagine that someone would move from 9900 to 9720! The opposite is true. One would surely move from 9720 to 9900, not the other way around.

Of course I have nor product details with regard to the 9720, but as a successor to the 9700 it would probably still just be a little brother to 9900. The 9900 is still the flagship of the BlackBerry business range.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts

that is what I exactly said, read it another time :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

Sorry, you're right. My eyes seemed to have played games with me ...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
papccs
My Device: Bold 9900 - Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi John

What do you mean with your post on your new 9970s ? are those phones not available anymore? difficult to find?

To all users, including Robert who started this post:

I have a bold 9900 and an iphone, I think they compliment each other as I think the bold's camera (at least mine) sucks, it doesn't focus and therefore text is not clear in the pictutres. I used the Blackberry for all my email management (personal and business) as I also prefer to use the physical keyboard. As all of you mentioned the 9900 is just very efficient.

Ijust got a Q10 because my bold is getting frozen very often and it's become a too common practice to be removing the battery now almost every 2 days. Another issue I have had for a while is that sometimes I receive calls and it automatically sets the speaker on and people can't hear me, I can't swich back to headset. The only way I found to solve this is to remove the battery. 

The same day I started playing with my new phone I realized that Blackberry did something wrong, I didn't see the memopad which I use almost every day and I came here hoping I would find some answers.

It seems the the answer I found is that this phone is not for me. Could any one suggest a decent replacement of my 9900?  I will keeo using Iphone for all the fun stuff (big screen for internet browsing, Apps, great camera, etc) I just need a phone thaqt doesn;t get stuck all the time.  I started happening more often after my last update, so I am wondering if it was done on purpose by Blackberry to force us migrating to their new phones.

Regards

Rafa

Please use plain text.
Contributor
IoannisFCN
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

Hey Rafa,

The reason I mentioned the 9970 Bold which is a small, slick and very reliable phone that combines a small but effective touch screen with the great keyboard - also including the trackpad and those lovely BlackBerry "signature" keys - is because that's the model I had prior to the Q10 and I was very happy with! They are available out here (in HK actually) and as I didn't see any other mention in this thread I wanted people to consider this model over the 9900 Bold. Yes, they are becoming a rare find nowadays and this is why I purchased 2 pieces so as to secure my preferred service for the next couple of years as these devices last for about a year in my hands. At the same time, I wish that BlackBerry will listen to our cries and somehow improve the software in the OS7 so as to avoid glitches like the ones you mention. It is true that browsing is a pain in this old phone but everything else (email/text/bbm/whatsapp etc communication options, notes, filing system, camera) is a mere breeze for a business tool when compared to the Q10 (which is NOT a business tool). I made a mistake purchasing the Q10 and BlackBerry made an even more serious mistake for banking on this if the reported news and numbers mentioned in the previous messages offer an indication. Rafa, whatever BlackBerry aimed at doing with us or the phone evolution, clearly did not work! Time for them to reflect upon this and regroup because there's hardly any...time left!! Best, to all! John.
Please use plain text.