Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
petercreasey
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

terpits wrote:  highlighting text is such a pain to copy and paste

_________________________________________________________________________________________

T,  

[quote]

Cut, copy, and paste text
  1. To highlight text, touch and hold the text. To change your selection, move the cursor indicators.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • To copy the text, tap the highlighted text. Tap Copy.
    • To cut the text, tap the highlighted text. Tap Cut.
  3. To paste the text, touch and hold where you want to paste the text. Tap Paste.

[/quote]

Inserting the cursor is also easy.

. . . . . .  Pete

Please use plain text.
Contributor
terpits
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you. I know the steps, that's why I was ranting. I was comparing it to how it was on Pearl and others, with Alt and Shift. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
petercreasey
My Carrier: AT&T

terpits wrote:Thank you. I know the steps, that's why I was ranting.

T,   The problem is that if I recall correctly, people like you say you are anxious for BlackBerry to do well and then you proceed with your public postings to (intentionally?) undermine BlackBerry's program.

Not intending to pick on you, but from a few people, perhaps not you, enough is enough.

It's unfortunate that the multitudes of people who are thrilled with their Q10 don't have some incentive to come to boards like this one and offset the abject ambushing of this BlackBerry initiative.

. . . . .  Pete

Please use plain text.
Contributor
IoannisFCN
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

It is a complete shame that some people still feel that by offering answers and solutions they do a service to BlackBerry! Folks you need to think out of the box here... The fact that the numbers are constantly dropping clearly signals to all that what is been said on this thread is not someone's opinion any more but rather a verifiable trend. if this trend will be overlooked for much longer I fear it will lead to more unfortunate situations for both the Company's target market and the Company itself. It is disappointing to still read here that by doing this or that this Q10 model will actually work for users that have already purchased it, tried it and rejected it while feeling somewhat cheated in the process. Am afraid it does not work this way and again, am mean no offense to anyone but I fail to see how the point is constantly missed by some. Rather than consuming the time in writing thousands of posts to combat people and their opinions then, I would suggest that all this energy be directed into research - research for a new device that will have to cover business needs after we run out of 9900s (which btw have been difficult to source in recent days...). The sooner we reach this realization the better as I see/hear no upcoming countermeasures by BlackBerry to deal with the aftermath of what has been described as their "swan song" when it comes to the direction they decided to follow with the OS10 and the Q10.

On another note, it is a bit of a puzzle to see that there are people out there who seem to have outgrown their own shoes and feel/think that they offer some service with their "positive" attitude while using all available models under the sun and write endless posts every day!!! Ever wonder where they find the time to get some work done??

Questions... Questions...

My best to all,

John.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Mike1London
My Carrier: EE (UK)

I think the problem for many is that up until now each version of a new BlackBerry has been a slow but steady progression from the previous model. The move to the Z10 and then the Q10 was a giant leap and pretty much a complete software rewrite. The changes, although some good, have left many of us having doubts about their new purchase. I'm not one of the ones disenchanted enough to move backwards, in fact I was pretty disappointed by my previous Torch model but I'm hoping things will improve as new software rolls out and in the meantime I'm going to focus on the positives. The browser is great, it doesn't need a battery pull nearly every day, the wi fi works well with hot spots etc. I'm not that impressed with 4g yet but that's probably for the EE forum and not here.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

IoannisFCN/John, so what is the "shame"? It's a shame to want to help those who ask?

Or a "shame" that you feel the need now make veiled, cowardly personal on those here who are doing so?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
terpits
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I don't recall saying I was anxious. My apologies to all those misled to believe I was. 

I came upon this thread and happened to agree with the OP and other posters, based on my own personal experience. 

I don't expect people to agree with what I wrote. To all those happy with the Q10, good for you! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hamilt500
My Device: Playbook; Bold9900 4G; Z10LLTE
My Carrier: Bell

JSanders: as one of the original posters and a Blackberry Shareholder, I am leaving this forum because through your leadership it has lost its usefulness and become a conventional repository of personality clashes. That seriously undermines the utility of the forum.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

True, Hamilt500, in a handful of threads.
Check the thousands of other threads with pleased users and resolved issues.

That, seriously, is the purpose of this forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hamilt500
My Device: Playbook; Bold9900 4G; Z10LLTE
My Carrier: Bell

JSanders: please review Mr. Vance's initial post and the title of this thread. As you are a Z10 user, the keyboard utility is obviously not critical to you. This forum is for Q10 users to communicate with each other and Blackberry on what is clearly the lack of functionality of the keyboard version. I encourage you to consider respecting those parameters.
Please use plain text.