Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
Changineer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

JSanders
This particular thread attracted my eyes, as I completely agree with things folks are saying here (and other forums like this too).
But you almost appeared to have been sent by BBRY to fend off negativities and criticism by loyal users, who are hoping that their opinions be heard and reflected in the product improvement.
People are mostly offering their opinion, and as much as I appreciate your genuine intent to help others, you cannot turn everything into questions for you to answer, i.e., you cannot answer questions nobody has asked.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Changineer, I am sorry that something you've read in this thread has misled you.

For a refresh, please refer to Message 381

And, since this thread is not about me, but users giving "up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900", if you think any of my posts are off-topic or contrary to the Terms and Conditions of this Forum, feel free to use the "Report Inappropriate Content" link beneath my name on the questionable post, and let the moderators deal with it. Alternatively, you are welcome to create your own thread as well, if you wish to call me out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
matt1
My Device: q10
My Carrier: 02

Hi Sydneyp, thanks for the reply. My apologies, I’m not explaining myself very well, let me be a little more specific:
2) Its "group contacts" that my BBQ10 doesn't do. Yes I can add a number of contacts to a text to send, but if I have a football team of 15 that need a text each week, unless I keep the text in my sent box and find it to use again I will need to send a fresh text and add all 15 recipients again. The old BB had ability to have "group contacts" so I just chose the group and sent a text to them all.
I’ve since purchased an APP, but feel that BB should have group contacts within the OS10 software, like my old curve did.
3) If I write a text message and press send, it won’t then let me write another text message until the first one has been sent?
4) I have set up my home WIFI as a saved profile. If I walk from my upstairs to downstairs it sometimes loses the WIFI link. If I come home from work I expect the BBQ10 to pick up my home WIFI and connect to it, it doesn’t.
I honestly have had to re-input my home WIFI code at least three times in last 7 days.
5) I downloaded the latest OS software release last night. I admit I did it via WIFI not data connection cable to BB link (as my BBQ10 has trouble being recognised by the link software). But it was plugged into a power source as instructed. After the update I had to reboot the BBQ10 and all my text messages (Three month’s worth) were lost.
I’ve waited six months for the release of the BBQ10 in the UK, as I like a physical keyboard and my old BB curve only had a limited applications memory and was getting slower and slower. All my iPhone friends made fun of me for choosing Blackberry and with these issues I’m beginning to be a little embarrassed about it all. :smileysurprised:/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Changineer

Hi JSanders,
I did not mean to challenge your obvious great contributions to the forum, particularly this thread, by my first ever pos, LOL.
It has absolutely nothing to do with "off topic" or the "Terms and Conditions" of this forum, or any of that, and I am sure you know it.
I was following this particular thread from the beginning, and thought you sounded often too defensive, and lately I was also finding some participants were irritated. One even leaving the thread. I felt the same way and felt compelled to chime in this great thread.
Otherwise, let's carry on.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KEEP_SMILING
My Device: 64Gb Playbook - Z10
My Carrier: MTN / Cell C

A 'like' for the comment and short note that I believe comments from JSanders, however interpreted by others, are a valuable contribution. Aside from confirming the Q10/Q5 is currently 'not for me' I have actually learnt (via commentary such as from JSanders and several other contributors) a few NEW tricks to make the 'Bold' even MORE valuable as a business productivity tool. Best regards to all.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Changineer

I'm afraid my comment might have come across as a bit harsh, but I did not meant to. If you felt so, my apologies. No need to rehash anything here but sometimes, people are not asking any questions, but simply stating their opinions.
I am new to this forum and I am sure I need a lot of help from knowledgeable people like you. The thread is indeed contentious but similar discussions are going on everywhere :-).
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you both. Let's carry on.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
richwoods
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Just a piece of advice from a long-time blackberry user : 

Do not get sucked in by the hype surrounding touch screen fones androids & iphones. A good keyboard, track pad and the Blackberry OS user experience define a blackberry. Dont lose that.

Simply put : Love what you do, do what you love. Isnt that what Blackberry had always preached ? 

Perhaps all you could still easily do is : upgrade the processor and Ram for the Bold 4 and 5 series ( touch + type ) if putting back the track pad on a Q10 is a difficult task for now. The Bold Series are pretty well designed fones and they could still do far better by only upgrading the hardware.

Thanks for your attention. Hope this feedback helps. Regards, Rishi.

Please use plain text.
ROL
New Contributor
ROL
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks for your comments.  I hope Blackberry is reading.  The presence of the keyboard opens many possibilities for dual controls using keyboard or swipe options, with the keyboard option often being the more accessible as well as combined options such as holding down the alt key and swiping to highlight a number of messages for deletion or text for copying.  As is, the keyboard seems largely confined to typing messages - I wanted this in the Q10 but for Blackberry to succeed it must develop software improvements that allow the keyboard to do much more, for when it comes to swipe functions the I-Phone as well as Androids do all the BBerry can do and more.  I want to stay with BBerry. but without improvements the choice becomes a difficult one.  So after 10 years I may be leaving when my curfrent ATT contract expires unless there is improved functionality.  Such a shame for the QQ10 could be so much more.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
MrVeda
My Device: 9930 Bold
My Carrier: verizon

I just returned to my 9930 on Verizon from a Q10 for all these reasons stated previously and more. Can anyone advise how to transfer the Data or texts and call logs from the Q10 back to the 9930? I tried with DM and Link but DM does not want to restore from a OS10 File back up created on my Mac from the Link program. Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.