Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
IoannisFCN
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

Luis, your morning post (and all that followed) has been removed... You had concluded about apathy that ruins things and I had concurred and added that it was also the "wolves in sheep skin" that some other poster had mentioned previously... Unnecessary censorship that raises questions rather than answering them! Best, John.
Please use plain text.
Steve_T
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Media (Mobile)

Hi guys,

If you wish to continue the unrelated discussion please either do so in the Social Lounge or in a Private Message

Steve_T                                                                                                                                New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Mike1London
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Please can we now get back to rowing about whether the Q10 is the start of a glorious future or the harbinger of doom for Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
luisorevueltam5152
My Device: Q10 and Z10 and 9900 and Porsche Design 990
My Carrier: At&T

Unfortunately, the Q10 is dragging down whatever marketing good the Z10 might have done for BBRIM, is the sad case of somebody drowning to save another,,, whoever is running this company is looking up at their internal organs from a very small orifice,,,,,I hope the 9700's come soon,,,and RIM survives,,,despite my anger towards them,,
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MiaCam
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T.

Thank you, Robert and Nathan! I cannot immediately add on or improve on your posts; unfortunately I am in total agreement. More recent posts seem to have devolved into boyish insults. I am so disappointed in the Q10 that I am beside myself (feeling 'right' and not at all 'happy'). I do not want to give up on BB. I so want them to succeed and provide those of us who know that there is no substitute for any of their devices (pre-10). I am now shopping for a new 9900 and hoping that it will be able to function long enough with its operating system until BB gets it "right"....and yes, please be reading these threads BB, I may just go landline and retire. "Is there anybody in there?" (Roger and David) Thinking hopefully, Marianne Marshall
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
GeorgeB
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile-US (for 9900)

Marianne (MiaCam),

Noticed that you're shopping for a new 9900. You may not be affected, but those of us who's carrier has UMA (Wi-Fi voice calling) have to be careful.

Ran into an issue - I have a 9900, unlocked, but not purchased through T-Mobile. So it does not do voice calling over Wi-Fi, even though voice calling over Wi-Fi is a feature of T-Mobile. The "branding" of the 9900 that I have is not "T-Mobile". It has a non-T-Mobile "Vendor ID", which prevents voice calling over Wi-Fi. Since it's unlocked, it does everything that it should when it's on cellular; when it's on Wi-Fi, data works fine, but not voice calling.

So now I'm purchasing a used 9900, that was used ("branded") T-Mobile, so that I'll be able to make voice calls over Wi-Fi.  

It may be worthwhile -- if you get a used 9900 -- to be sure that it was used on your carrier (at least if that carrier had Wi-Fi calling). If you but a new one direct from your carrier, there would be no problems.

I did see a note in the BlackBerry Forums that it is not possible to change the Vendor ID ("branding") of a BlackBerry, that's why I'm getting a used one "branded" T-Mobile - my carrier.

I do, as I believe most of us do, wish RIM / BlackBerry to succeed. But it's a quite painful for a lot of us right now.

Kind regards,

GeorgeB

Please use plain text.
ROL
New Contributor
ROL
My Carrier: ATT

I find different views refreshing, but I do think you should try it before saying you like it. Also note that what read as complaints are also feedback to Blackberry motivated not be the fun of bitching but because i BBerry doesn't understand why the device falls short of expectations the company as well as we users wll be worse off.
Please use plain text.
ROL
New Contributor
ROL
My Carrier: ATT

I moved to the Q 10 because of early rave reviews from a few people who bought the buzz but never really used the device.  I thought it was exactly what I wanted/needed - a device far closer to the IPhone in compatibility with a keyboard and other blackberry features.  I see the future of the device and my future satisfaction as turning on what limitations are software limitations and what are built into the hardware.  It would be nice to know.  If the different keys can be programmed by the user or by Blackberry to perform essential functions - answer phone, move the cursor right/left/up/down, find contacts, speed dial, etc, then I am willing to live with my mistake of becoming an unwitting beta tester and await the improvements that should be built into the next iteration of the OS, though it would be nice if BBerry (How much easier it was to write RIM) did something for us early users in the form of extended warranties or truly useful complementary aps.  If the limitations are hardware limitations then as soon as my commitment to ATT ends, I become an X Blackberry user.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Just a heads up... using my Q10 with OS 10.2 loaded, it rocks the socks off anything.

The new Toast notifications, lock screen message preview, text editing popup menu is new, it's just almost a different device. Worth checking into.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andu9
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Do you have speed dial? Or a functional $ key? Do you like the hub icon?
Please use plain text.