Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: french business

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

Thé Same for me it s à great machine with things to improve.

Jacques from France
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

@Mike

Surely, open-mindedness is important in a fast moving world. But what lets BlackBerry stand unique from other phones? As you yourself stated:
BIS
Outlook synchronization
And may I add:
Word replacement
Auto bcc
Automated spell check
... and much more, what I had previously posted.

And in addition to these OS10 insufficiencies, the track pad and everything connected to the other hardkeys makes the Q10 quite inefficient.

These things will probably not be resolved. Therefore, I will be sticking to my 9900 and use my Note II for fun and web.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold @ Q10
My Carrier: STC

please RIM, We want back BIS Emails

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AndyZed wrote:

Word replacement.

What's not working on your Word Sub/AutoText?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Word sub: I have replacements to avoid having to shift or alt on a lot of punctuations or diacritical marks and even symbols i often use so I can type faster. I have "%b's" for one, which would put the apostrophe-s for possessive words and then go backspace so it connects the words. I have this set up from way back my blackberry 7100.

My blackberry q10 doesn't backspace.
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Mobifone

Well, I'd like to share my story with you guys. I'm now a 9900 owner and before that I've had been a BlackBerry fan boy (former phones: 8320, 8900, 9000, 9700, 9780). I love all the functions on my 9900 from the trackpad, to the "call - end" buttons and its design. But one day I'm tired with BlackBerry "lack-of-apps". There are several locally apps (especially instant messaging) that provided with Android & IOS but never present on BBOS!

I'm also a PlayBook owner (1 year) and I'm used to gesture but I would say I'm not impressive with BB10. It's not a "phone" anymore, whenever I need to make a call I need to swipe and then select the "phone" icon - which I can easily finish within 1 sec with my 9900. Furthermore, apps is a big problem also. I wouldn't see any apps that I need present on BB10 (even internationally one like Instagram or Viber). I absolutely know how to side-loading (which I have done several times with my PB) but I do not want to use unofficial apps like that! I couldn't get update and everytime a new version come out, I have to re-install. 

For now, I have bought an 2nd 3GS iphone for using apps 'cause I do not want to leave my 9900. It's really bad to use Iphone - to be honest but I've no choice! 

PS: I live in Vietnam and we dont have the term "phone contract", that's why I couldn't upgrade to Iphone 5 or any Galaxy. Sorry for my bad English btw.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Z30, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

I really miss many of the features of my Bold 9930.  I was actually quite happy with the features, efficiency and productivity, especially with BlackBerry Bridge to my Playbook.

I've always preferred having physical buttons when possible and really really really really miss the trackpad.

I get very frustrated with text selection or just placing the cursor at the beginning of a line on both my Z10 and Q10.

10.2 improves a little bit, but I still want a way to get to the biginning of a line and select text without having to be in Edit Mode.  It worked great on my Bold 9930.

John Hanks
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

I agree with Robert Vance on most of his concerns.  I have been a blackberry user since the Pearl was first introduced.  I have returned both the Z10 and Q10.  Both do not have the overall performance that my 9900 does.  Now I do miss the faster browser, but that's it.  I really wish Blackberry would of kept the same OS from the 9900 and just upgraded the device.  Make a touch screen and qwerty keyboard with 4G, more ram etc.  But the most important for me, keep BIS.  That's the most important thing I missed with OS10.  The compressed data and the security of the device.  I liked my emails as soon as I received them,  not pushed like Android or Apple.  I hope Blackberry learns something from completely changing an OS and losing many of it's core users. 

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Belladog wrote:

I liked my emails as soon as I received them,  not pushed like Android or Apple.  I hope Blackberry learns something from completely changing an OS and losing many of it's core users. 

Just FYI, BIS is push technology.

Apple and Android do not use push technology (other than IMAP push, same as BB10 does.)

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: China Mobile

After 2-3 tried and gave up, I finally put the Q10 into the bottom of drawer... which means, I do not know when I take it back.