If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

@andy-bb

Join the club!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Danny_B
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Like many of you, I am very disappointed in the Q10 and miss many of the features I took for granted with the Curve and other "real" Blackberry devices.  However, I am sticking with it while hoping for OS updates that will improve the situation.  My wife is still using her Curve, and is not eligible for an upgrade until next year, but really needs a new phone with a good browser and other modern features.  If any of you have a Verizon Wireless Q10 that you want to unload, she would be interested; just let me know and we can work something out.  Thank you.

-Danny-

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amckayceng
My Device: Q10, 9900, 8900, PlayBook*2
My Carrier: EE for Q10, and Bold 9900

Your items above:-
(3) greater difficulty navigating and using the core email, contacts, and calendar funcitons, and (4) the inability to have contacts that are show with last name first. I also still very much miss the trackpad, as things cannot seem to be done as precisely as I could before with the 9900.
Are what frustrates me on the Q10 (also a BB9900 user), and the ability to change the Currency button - oh dear god BB - have you forgotten your customer base outside North america, and finally - WTF have you done to SpeedDial - it is 3 swiped now NOT one button press!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
GeorgeB
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile-US (for 9900)

[ Edited ]

I started using BlackBerrys a dozen years ago just before they came out with the first Cellular BlackBerry. So I've had them from Mobitex with a thumbwheel, Cellular with a thumbwheel, then trackball, then trackpad !!!

Now, I've heard good things about the Z10 fully touch.

But I want a keyboard. 

The Q10 takes away the TRACKPAD and Other Keys...(and haven't found out how to completely turn it off) .  They rescued defeat from the jaws of victory.

Even though I've read this thread - Thanks Everyone !!!  - and already had a great 9900, I purchased a USED Q10 a week ago; as a consultant I have to be up-to-the-mnute on BlackBerry.

While I have it in my pocket or on my belt...but my email remains on my 9900, which won't give me a coronary.

BlackBerry - Hear Us Now !     Please...     Pretty Please...

Please use plain text.
DRRV
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

I used my Q10 for about a month then put in a drawer and reactivated my Bold 9900.  Like other commentators on this forum I have always really liked my BB's due to their high degree of productivity and efficiency.  I was really looking forward in the Q10 to the next advance in software and enhanced productivity.  Instead, every day I wanted to throw the Q10 at the closest wall due to its inefficiencies and frustrations.  Funny thing,  a landscaper came to my home earlier today and just as I opened the door his Q10 rang.  I said how do you like your new Q10?  He said he hated it, swipe, swipe, swipe for the most basic functions.  Multiple swipes for functions that on the 9900 are one click away.  Interesting enough my friend's Galaxy S4 has a hub, one which can be customized with key functions which save a lot of swiping.  Maybe when BB releases version 10.5 of its software it will add this very useful feature among many others that are needed to make the Q10 meet the needs of customers like me and many others on this forum. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KEEP_SMILING
My Device: 64Gb Playbook - Z10
My Carrier: MTN / Cell C

As previous user of BB9700 offered wife 'upgrade' to Q5 but  WM8 (Nokia Lumina 620) chosen at less than half the price of Z10 - Now only BB9900 (which has developed 'intermitten' fault and not viable to repair) + PB in this home...

Trying to keep smiling :-)

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
GeorgeB
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile-US (for 9900)

[ Edited ]

Keep_Smiling and Danny and others,

I just purchased a used Q10 (needed one, since as a consultant I have to be up-to-speed) and will be getting a used T-Mobile 9900 (need a "T-Mobile" device, since I won't be able to use voice over Wi-Fi or "UMA" otherwise). My unlocked 9900 from another carrier doesn't do voice over Wi-Fi on T-Mobile.

There are a bunch of companies in the US selling used devices, and they often are in great shape, and the-price-is-right!

Don't know whether there are any in South Africa.

Only other caution is to check out the bands that the used ones carry...they do have different bands, but there's enough bands in common that I don't have a problem there...I just got caught with the voice-over-Wi-Fi. Also, if the device was on a different carrier, you may need to get it unlocked.

Good luck!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
atommo
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Ive finally given up. 

After suffering the Q10 for the past month or so, and having given my old 9900 to the eldest nipper, (he absolutely loves it and refuses to give it back), Ive bought a new 9900 off ebay. Just need to get a sim adapter and I'm sorted for the next couple of years, (I hope).

Not going to go over old ground as I think most of the topics and shortcomings of the new hardware and software have been covered quite comprehensively in this thread, but I would like to add my voice to those that scream at BB to just  'upgrade' the 9900. 

Am both bummed off at needing/wanting/having, (delete as appropriate), to 'downgrade', but also looking forward to something I KNOW is absolutely bloody great at what it was designed to do.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

@atommo

One month? You really gave it a try! I gave up after one week and purchased an additional 9900 just in case, although I am going to start my post BlackBerry device search soon, as I have no hope that BlackBerry management will respond in any reasonable way.

What BlackBerry has achieved with customer discontent in just a relatively short period of time, other companies need years to achieve!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
petercreasey
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

AndyZed wrote:
@atommo
 I am going to start my post BlackBerry device search soon, as I have no hope that BlackBerry management will respond in any reasonable way.

Andy,  Given what you say in your quoteback, it is hard to figure out why you keep posting here on the Q10 board.

Surely your hard feelings are not that intense!?!

. . . . . .  Pete

Please use plain text.