Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

AndyZed wrote:
Wow, BB_Q10! A very interesting conspiracy theory you set up. I don't believe a comment on that would be necessary or helpful.

And, cue the personal attacks on another user who dares to post that the Q10 works for him.

Oh wait, it's already started.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
IoannisFCN
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold
My Carrier: CHINA MOBILE

Hahahaha!

Have the best of weekends guys!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB_Q10
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Interpreting comments as conspiracies is one approach to disagreeing with opinion, although not a logically valid one.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
petercreasey
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

JayRy wrote:
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Saved me time, a huge migraine & lots of $$!!

J,   You are listening to just a few people and ignoring millions of pleased Q10 users.  All to your detriment!

. . . . .  Pete

Please use plain text.
Contributor
terpits
My Device: Not Specified

Am I the only one having issues with having work, home, fax, etc, as options to send a text message to? Never had to select multiple numbers of contacts before. Just on this wonderful Q10.

Sorry. My sarcasm font has been uninstalled.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KEEP_SMILING
My Device: 64Gb Playbook - Z10
My Carrier: MTN / Cell C

Thanks for the confirmation @JSanders that a short cut to enter time and date still included in OS 10 devices.  Am still sitting on the fence re 'update' as 9900 works (most of the time) for me but does have intermittent problem that so far unable to resolve (performing yet another firmware change today in case will fix) but then limited experience of trying new devices in store has only been VERY negative (could have been MUCH better had staff been interested or even less biased towards Android or iPhone) together with this forum discussion AND real cost in $$$ (new device + expensive data cost and fragmented coverage in this part of the world) all part of the story.  No doubt there are MANY satisfied users of BB 10 and as always it is "each to their own"... I do enjoy the experience of using my Playbook but hesitant to loose the interface with existing 9900.  Guess I am about to deviate from the topic so will say thanks again and remember to KEEP SMILING :-) Best regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amckayceng
My Device: Q10, 9900, 8900, PlayBook*2
My Carrier: EE for Q10, and Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Hi there Y'all,

I have been following the comments in this forum for a couple of weeks now, and I appreciate all the comments from users who are trying to be positive about the Q10, but still like their 9900.

My experience with BB products has been over 4 years with many models, and all have been excellent pieces of hardware, with the exception of the Q10!; but the issues with the Q10, are in my opinion 'frustrations', as the unit is a good phone/browser platform.

If BB can manage to fix :-

a) Copy/Paste (too hit and miss for a 56yo engineer! WITH BIG DIGITS),

b) Proper listing of contacts by LAST NAME!!!!!!!!

c) Currency Symbol change in Settings - not all customers are in Canadian/USA $, and

d) Allow Font changes in Settings (if it is there I cannot find it).

e) Get Speed dial sorted, it was great before, now it is sh**e.

I will be more impressed.

Basically BB - YOU DID NOT DO ENOUGH PRODUCT TESTING TO YOUR CORE DEMOGRAPHIC (BUTTON PRESSERS NOT FINGER SWIPERS!)

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
10_de_engineered
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

I guess  you didn't try this feature with your Q10

If you text to a fax number       - The message will be faxed to that number

If you text to a home number  - A clown will be sent to that home and will sing your text

If you text to a work number    - If will fail and you'r not going to get your bonus.

re-designed

re-engineered

re-invented

"Am I the only one having issues with having work, home, fax, etc, as options to send a text message to? Never had to select multiple numbers of contacts before. Just on this wonderful Q10.

Sorry. My sarcasm font has been uninstalled."

Please use plain text.
Contributor
terpits
My Device: Not Specified

I sent a text to a home number. They're waiting for you to go sing to them :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Moriarty
My Carrier: Optus

Thank you Robert Vance. It is comforting to know an IT geek is as frustrated as I am. Like you I waited with keen anticipation for the Q10 because of the keyboard. You have summarised many of the reasons the swipe idea doesn't appeal. However I am having trouble with the simple things. I haven't yet worked out how to save an incoming phone number to contacts. I can't access a log of all activity as was available on the 9900. I am losing incoming calls because I don't apply the precise pressure to the downward swipe. I have voicemail that I cannot hear. And so it goes on. I am not a geek! As the sales person said to me when i specified what I wanted in a phone "Oh so you are simply looking for something practical?" She was impressed that I didn't care about facebook, Twitter and most other apps. So I have watched every training video, tried to access manuals and support but nowhere do I find any answers to the simple questions. It is all time wasting and frustrating. And of course the sales person - who sells every other brand as well - had no idea either. In fact until they had the Q10 in stock they had never heard of it and kept trying to tell me the Z10 must be what I was looking for! Do you think this may be some sort of conspiracy against humankind? 

Please use plain text.