Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
petercreasey
My Device: Q10

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

AndyZed wrote:@ JSanderysI really believe that you're the one who really doesn't get it.
No, A, you are the one missing the big picture.  And your continuing to post negativity is not good.
There are a handful of people here who are posting their problems...which is fine.  There are legions of people who have never even considered the need to come here and post counter-opinions in favor of the Q10.

No device is perfect, but the Q10 is a terrific device.

I am MOST pleased that I got under the wire when I ordered our Q10s.

. . . . .  Pete

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hmsingh
My Device: Q 10

Dear Pete while I agree that counter comments in favor of Q10 are not being shared but many BlackBerry users who upgraded to Q10 and choose to suffer are not less either.. did anyone start a thread of what good they liked on Q10.. if yes I rather will be reading that than adding to the negativity around these forums
Please use plain text.
Contributor
IoannisFCN
My Device: Q10 and back again to 9900 Bold

This is not a thread about half full or empty glasses. Not a thread about negativity or positivity (allow me the term) either. As the title suggests this is a feedback-attempt thread - written back in May and intended to voice loyal BlackBerry's customers' concerns about the new direction our favorite mobile device provider has taken with the new generation of software and hardware. Namely the OS10 and the Q10. If you all take a moment to revisit Robert's original post you will understand what has triggered the need for this feedback: the simple fact that several of us acquired this Q10 phone simply because it was a BlackBerry - ie trusting the brand and assuming it would be an upgrade to our current devices. The frustration that followed (for some) was then based on the realization that this was not a device that followed the long line of efficient devices aided with some hard and soft improvements. It was a completely new concept device and software. Feeling a little cheated, betrayed or simply shocked, loyal BlackBerrists - if I may use this term - have been trying to voice their feedback/opinion ever since. That was back in May. We are now in September and the world press has been reflecting upon the poor financial results (1 billion USD in the hole) caused mainly due to the fact that the Q10 device failed to sell. And the announcement that this in turn will cause the termination of 4500 jobs within the Company. That's all that went on. What I have described has absolutely nothing to do with people receiving help and solutions to their problems and issues. Many though will argue that this particular thread is not an assistance offering thread - most of the specific issues may best be addressed in different, more appropriate threads. This thread was intended to be a "feedback", "concern-voicing" forum all along. Please make no mistake about the intention. Nothing to do with negativity, assistance, conspiracies and opinion-blocks on it either side. The moment the discussion started drifting on "how do I..." the point was either missed or diluted. Together with the missed point goes all this effort of trying to offer some feedback that could possibly reach the higher echelons of the decision makers within the Company. The feedback besides describing and voicing micro issues pertinent to the Q10 and the software also offered opinions on macro issues - ie target core market segments in China, Japan and Asia in general - aiming at broadening the market/customer base within BlackBerry's niche, the so called "business" user. If all this is so very hard to comprehend or understand, I do offer my apologies and once again wish to all a grand day! Best, John.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hmsingh
My Device: Q 10

Its getting nastier..or hurting at the minimum.. I feel after 3 weeks that Q10 is a major improvisation over os 7 while leaving out some really efficient features which a update can take care off.. ( of course only if they wish to) have patience you will start loving it.. I wanted to bang it against the wall after 3 days and now I am finding better ringer tones that is what has changed...!!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts
My Device: 9900

Seriously, what is wrong with this company?? Prior to launching BBM for Android, an unreleased version of the BBM for Android app was posted online. The interest and enthusiasm we have seen already – more than 1.1 million active users in the first 8 hours without even launching the official Android app – is incredible. Consequently, this unreleased version caused issues, which we have attempted to address throughout the day. Our teams continue to work around the clock to bring BBM to Android and iPhone, but only when it’s ready and we know it will live up to your expectations of BBM. We are pausing the global roll-out of BBM for Android and iPhone. Customers who have already downloaded BBM for iPhone will be able to continue to use BBM. The unreleased Android app will be disabled, and customers who downloaded it should visit www.BBM.com to register for updates on official BBM for Android availability. As soon as we are able, we will begin a staggered country roll-out of BBM for Android and continue the roll-out of BBM for iPhone. Please follow @BBM on Twitter for the latest updates and go to www.BBM.com to sign-up for updates about BBM for Android and iPhone. These issues have not impacted BBM service for BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ivica123

@JSanders, can you hep mo on this matter?

There is one more thing why I want to go back on BB9900.

When I receive phone call for some person, for example, John Smith from company XYZ Ltd, I see only name of this person on Q10 screen, not a company name. In that 3-5 seconds when I want to answer I can not recal from witch company John Smith call me and some time I am in embarrassing situation.

Btw, I am working with more then 200 companies and I have more then 1500 contacts in my phone book 

On screen of BB9900 there was name of the person and the name of the company!!

How we can affect on BB to put this in 10.2 update?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amckayceng
My Device: Q10, 9900, 8900, PlayBook*2

Hi everybods,
The update to 10.2 has. Went well, but apart from "layout" I see no major changes imho.
I will keep you all updated, but as I use the Q10, I am still getting more positive, but as a historical BB user (BlackBerrier?), the Q series is a step change from the 9900.

Hope we will have BB Q30 in a couple of years.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again

Well, Pete, I am really flattered that a single BlackBerry user as myself is deemed so important by you and JSanders. I, as John posted correctly (and by the way quite comprehensive as to the problem in general), am not posting negatively, just critically. You can't seriously say that my personal opinion is not "good"! By the way, good for whom?
Other companies, e.g., go along with criticism quite more professionally. Microsoft has never badgered customers who openly disliked Vista or Windows 8, but take notice of the criticism and make the necessary management decisions. Thwarting off criticism as being detrimental to the company is a strange approach.
The lack of sales of OS10/Q10 has not been caused by the few people in this thread! Apparently many other customers have been reluctant to buy the new devices, for more reasons than posted on this thread, which reflects the opinion of people as myself, who have been quite satisfied with the phones continuously developed by BlackBerry over so many years. Is it really so difficult for you to understand that?
You state: "No device is perfect, but the Q10 is a terrific device". If this is true, I really can't understand why the new devices are having so much trouble going over the counter. Surely the handfull of people posting here can't be held responsible for that!
And, yes, prior to this, I have never seen the necessity to join any support forums. I joined it and made my comments after having looked for something that I had perhaps misunderstood after unpacking and first attempts to use my Q10. But, I determined that I was not alone in looking for the essential environment, which has kept me as a loyal BlackBerry user for more than 10 years. And still today I am very satisfied with my 9900!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ivica123, I haven't seen nor do I know of an update coming which includes that. I'd like to see it also, and have made a work around for it which we can discuss in another thread if you like.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ivica123

@JSanders,
This would be good idea to discus that in new thread.
This is very important to me, as I believe it is also important for other people.
Is it possible that we put some influence on BB staff?
Please use plain text.