Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

I bumped into an old friend who loved his Q10 so much he bought shares in the company earlier this year. He still has the Q10 but not so happy about the shares now.

I think the Q10 is a great device for anyone who wants an iPhone type experience with a real keyboard and isn't too bothered by the lack of Apps compared to the iPhone.

Anyone expecting a move up from the Bold etc whilst keeping the essential Blackberry experience is in for a shock. Some people adapt but there's no getting away from the fact it's a giant leap and one that's left quite a few people behind.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 - International - Arabic - Unlocked
My Carrier: Etisalat

TheGlobeAndMail.com - "Inside the fall of BlackBerry: How the smartphone inventor failed to adapt"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/the-inside-story-of-why-blackberry-is-failing/arti...

• Mr. Lazaridis opposed the launch plan for the BlackBerry 10 phones and argued strongly in favour of emphasizing keyboard devices. But Mr. Heins and his executives did not take the advice and launched the touchscreen Z10, with disastrous results

Late last year, Research In Motion Ltd. chief executive officer Thorsten Heins sat down with the board of directors at the company’s Waterloo, Ont., headquarters to review plans for the launch of a new phone designed to turn around the company’s fortunes.

His weapon was the BlackBerry Z10, a slim device with the kind of glass touchscreen that had made Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. the dominant names in the global smartphone market.

But one of RIM’s directors was frustrated by what he saw, and spoke out, according to one person who was in the room. There is a cultural problem at RIM, he told the group, and the Z10 was a glaring manifestation of it.

The speaker was none other than Michael Lazaridis, the genius behind the BlackBerry, the company’s co-founder and its former co-CEO. Minutes earlier, he said, he had spoken with Mr. Heins’s newest executive recruits, chief marketing officer Frank Boulben and chief operating officer Kristian Tear.

Mr. Boulben and Mr. Tear had dismissively told Mr. Lazaridis that the market for keyboard-equipped mobile phones – RIM’s signature offering – was dead.

In the board meeting, Mr. Lazaridis pointed to a BlackBerry with a keyboard. “I get this,” he said. “It’s clearly differentiated.” Then he pointed to a touchscreen phone. “I don’t get this.”

Lots More at,

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/the-inside-story-of-why-blackberry-is-failing/arti...

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea, I guess he's still wondering why the iPhone and the many touch only Android devices are failing miserably as well.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Blackberry's only chance for survival is to downsize and re-focus on their core business user market.

I feel that by developing a natural successor to the Bold 9900 would be a good place to start. There is certainly a small but dedicated market for a business phone with all the features mentioned througout this thread. For me, Todomatrix is a must have app; tried using it on my friend's i-phone and it just doesn't cut it at all - it is built for a blackberry.

I really hope Blackberry learn from this and take note of their many loyal supporters, for me any other phone is going to seem inferior.
Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: idea

Todomatrix does not support Q10 as of now.. a pity
Contributor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: idea

Is it any safe to update to 10.2 version with some little more possibility to get going
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Yet another reason for me to replace my Bold 9900 with a new Bold 9900. I've seen them online new for £175 and Blackberry will offer you £80 cashback in the UK for an old one. The keys are worn out on mine and it slows me down when typing. Seems crazy that after 2 years there isn't an improvement. I notice NFC has just come to i-phone, when it was on Blackberrys from two years ago.
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

hmsingh wrote:
Is it any safe to update to 10.2 version with some little more possibility to get going

OS 10.2 has not been released officially, but there are leaks of it around.

You will need to read up on your on and determine on your own if it is safe to install.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

iPhone and other Andriod touch devices are failing miserably as well?

You're a funny guy.
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

HTC reported a loss... Samsung and HTC have a big market share only because of the huge number of devices they have out there.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!