Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

Thanks to RobertVance and Natedog1244 for their helpful posts at the beginning of this thread.  I began to think about my next business phone, but am happy with my Bold 9900. I was not sure the Q10 would be an improvement for how I use a business phone.  I am now convinced that going to the Q10 is not for me. RobertVance and Natedog1244 helped resolve all lingering questions.  The 9900 is the best Blackberry I have used and there seems to be just too many compromises in the Q10 for my needs.

All the posts in this thread are great -- I much appreciate all the good information and experiences.

Thank you all very much.

John

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

NightOffice wrote:   there seems to be just too many compromises in the Q10 for my needs.

N,   Your summary judgement is working to your detriment.

The Q10 is the best device on the market at this time.

. . . . . .  Pete

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile-US (for 9900)

Just installed 10.2.0.424 on the Q10 an hour ago.

Hub and dark background are the two most noticable differences from 10.1

But, as many of the folk here have commented, lack of the TrackPad (and keys on the trackpad line), and loss of the BBOS keyboard shortcuts are killers.

The means of highlighting, inserting, cut and paste text has been improved just a very few percent...but still is so very poor, in my estimation, that I'll continue to use the 9900, as I have been [I use 5-point type, and the real TrackPad works fine with that[\]. Just have a test email account on the Q10.

A few weeks ago, tried a backup with BlackBerry Link -- there was no option to encrypt the backup on my Mac.

Hope that the loan to BlackBerry (RIM) and new CEO help get it straightened out...they had superb products.

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

NightOffice, many of the six month old observations in the original and latter posts in this thread have been resolved or have workarounds. The Q10 is a great piece of hardware. I know for a fact the yet unreleased OS 10.2.1.xxx resolve even more of these users' concerns...

...for instance the ability to delete messages from the HUB and/or the server is present in thet coming release.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

GeorgeB, if your device is security password protected, so will be the backup file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

What abt Bis? They plan to ads that to q10? Any romours on new devices ?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Here's my last remark on this topic:

Since 10.2.1.xxx solves most of my Q10 issues (quick speed-dial is back, option to delete emails from hub/server. etc.) I hereby declare myself satisfied with the Q10 and, saying farewell to BB9900, I hope OS10 will improve continuosly. I know BIS and trackpad are forever gone but I can, somehow, compensate with longer battery life and faster browser (there's an equal sign between different entities, please indulge me). I will still keep my 9900 (such an iconic item!) and I wish you all good luck on this topic, since most of the OS10 improvements are coming also from your opinions.

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Bite

What are you saying that you can choose now to delete from handheld only or from handgeld and server?
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

IMG_00000712.jpg

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

May I inquire what type of account is this? I use ActiveSync and don't see this option, but maybe I'm not looking in the correct location. Or maybe it's because I'm on 10.2.0.1803

John Hanks