Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

TMobile has moved away from UMA and gone to Wifi Calling.  However, it is essentially the same software being used that was used for UMA.  On devices that have wifi calling enabled, if go in and look at diagnostics it still shows UMA.  The only difference is that TMobile no longer supports the handoff from wifi to cellular and cellular to wifi.

That said, wifi calling works great on TMobile's release of OS 10.1.0.xxxx (I don't recall what the official version is but if you let Link reload the OS you should get it. 

I don't think anyone has gotten Wifi calling to work on OS 10.2.  When the device boots the first time and you go through setup it mentions wifi calling is enabled but I've yet to see a wifi calling icon and the wifi calling app doesn't work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
ting99
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Globe

1. Very slow in recieving emails
  2. keeps on prompting error in my corporate email and i have to log in again. (using active sync)
  3. slow Facebook browsing/loading and chat
  4. error in yahoo mail log in
  5. heats up pretty quick when using 3G
  6. no Viber and other important apps

Goodbye BB, going back to Andriod.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aluiziomachado
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Claro

Thats why i stay with my 9780. Its obviously that you need much more concentration to point your finger in a random screen position. How it can be more easy to copy/paste without the trackpad ?? no way ! the answer is : many are not worried about multiple emal/text manipulation wich were the previous focus of BB phone. OS 10 now follow IOS and Android consumers : people that are not worried in writing long texts, copy / paste , business agenda manipulation...they only want great midia and see things....no manipulation, no text creation.....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Marcain
My Device: Q10 and Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

Hi all

It's been interesting reading through a handful of replies on the Q10.

I simile have had reservations and having owned the Z10 which I had stolen, was reluctant to host the Q10 as my next phone from the insurance.

The Z10 I had was unfortunately in my opinion a faulty handset with corrupt software/firmware and never did work well, the Q10 has had a few issues I admit but its without doubt the best handset I've ever had, including the 9900 which at the time I had it was truly an astonishing handset.

I'm not a keen lover of full touch screens, I do like the physical qwerty keypad for all purposes.

Really, I'm a fan of the Q10, the updates sort most of the fixes and the new software/firmware changes are always for the better, its so completely new to BB and despite the various opinions around the world, I'm still a BB lover.....

The Q10 Video and Images from the rear camera are amazing, I mean truly awesome, certainly better than all my friends and colleges handsets, its been proven so often.

Here's looking forward with BB

Regards

Marcain
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
GeorgeB
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile-US (for 9900)

[ Edited ]

I've commented a bunch of times, as I keep trying to find out what the Q10 does...while using my 9900 as my working BlackBerry.

Loaded the 'leaked' OS10.2.1.1055 last week. The cut-and-paste is slightly improved from earlier, but the "circle" (and cursor) that come up when one holds a finger on the screen disappear too quickly, to let me position it quickly.

Is there any setting that would enable me to set the "circle and cursor" for longer persistance ??? Looked through the settings, but didn't see anything to help, but perhaps I overlooked it.

And it's difficult to see exactly where the cursor is, when you are using your finger on the circle to adjust it.

I use 5-point text on the Q10, the same as I use on the 9900.

Would be glad to have some help on this.

The lack of a trackpad tops the list of why I keep the Bold 9900 as my BlackBerry.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Marcain
My Device: Q10 and Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

[ Edited ]

I understand what you mean about the EVOLUTION of BlackBerry to work like ios and Android but be honest, if BlackBerry hadn't moved forward with the times they'd not be here for long. 

It's just a case of getting used to the new look, feel and obvious changes. 

I've loved all my BlackBerry handsets including the older models but times move forward and I'm happy to move with them.

I strongly disagree with the lack of manipulation on the text or email front, I have absolutely no issues with any of these functions at all, quite the opposite infact. I find long text messages or email more simple with The Q10 even more so than with the 9900, I think it's just a case of some of you not moving forward with technology and remember, the Q10 is the new generation of handsets WITH Qwerty so let's at least be happy with BlackBerry not going completely away from keypad.

Regards

Marcain
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jhanks64
My Device: Using VZW Q10, new Z30, Two Z10's, Playbook, came from 9930 before
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T

The trick is to use the edges of the circle to move up/down/left/right once you get it placed.

John Hanks
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

GeorgeB wrote:

I've commented a bunch of times, as I keep trying to find out what the Q10 does...while using my 9900 as my working BlackBerry.

Loaded the 'leaked' OS10.2.1.1055 last week. The cut-and-paste is slightly improved from earlier, but the "circle" (and cursor) that come up when one holds a finger on the screen disappear too quickly, to let me position it quickly.

Is there any setting that would enable me to set the "circle and cursor" for longer persistance ??? Looked through the settings, but didn't see anything to help, but perhaps I overlooked it.

And it's difficult to see exactly where the cursor is, when you are using your finger on the circle to adjust it.

I use 5-point text on the Q10, the same as I use on the 9900.

Would be glad to have some help on this.

The lack of a trackpad tops the list of why I keep the Bold 9900 as my BlackBerry.

I'll probably catch criticism for trying to help you in this thread... but whatever.

Using the selection tool, tap on the screen about where you'd like to select. If you're not EXACTLY on the correct spot, tap the right or left sides of the circle to move one character in that direction, or the top or bottom of the circle to move up or down one line. Multiple taps move multiple spaces.

If you need further tips on this, see this blog article:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/09/five-tip-friday-blackberry-q5-tips/

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rlkswan
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Thanks for that, JS - was just dragging it. I think the select text, cut and paste is now quite good. Just needs a little practice. (yes, practice is a noun here, or one can practise it)

I should stop viewing and responding to this post, as I am now quite happy with the Q10 and its excellent keyboard - but I keep looking for your tips! The new version of Skype remains annoying, as it duplicates entries in the phone book, even with the Skype sync. off - I got one response from a Skype moderator, answering me and another complainant, so hopefully it will get sorted one day.

Rob

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amckayceng
My Device: Q10, 9900, 8900, PlayBook*2
My Carrier: EE for Q10, and Bold 9900

Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread since I purchased my Q10 ~4 months ago.

Apart from the '$ key issue' OS 10.2 has now solved all my other problems, and I am now 95% happy with the Q10.

My 9900 is now relegated to a backup phone for the areas where my Q10 cannot connect, and I will downgrade the contract to SIM only in 2014.

It has been a hard slog to finally accept the Q10 as a viable phone, but it has been worth it; NOTE TO ALL, THE Q10 IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CONCEPT FROM THE OS7 PHONES, BUT STICK WITH IT.

To all oot there in Canada land, and other BB users - Merry Xmas :Clap:

Please use plain text.