Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

jhanks64 wrote:

So far, I only miss one thing in the Calendar: The ability to choose a custom Snooze time on the fly for each calendar reminder.

Nope, you set the snooze length when you setup the appointment or edit the appointment.

But being able to change the snooze on the fly would be cool.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
BIGN
My Device: Q10

Thanks JSanders. Do you know when 10.2.1 comes out? Great news about the upcoming improved speed dial! Regarding notification profiles, what I need is to be able to create new profiles. For example, on my 9900 I had a profile set for when I'm in a restaurant and another for example when I'm in a meeting but waiting for an important call.... If you have any influance with BB, please ask them nicely to very quickly design a new Q10 with trackpad and answer/hang-up/menu buttons. Maybe it's not too late yet for BB...
Regular Contributor
GeorgeB
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900

BIGN,

There's a couple of autoloaders (which work from a Windows PC) on CrackBerry, for 10.2.1.xxxx

One is for 10.2.1.1055, which I've installed. The copy and replace function is a bit better, but IMHO it still doesn't come close to the trackpad (I admit I'm addicted to it).

The other is for 10.2.1.1925, which I just downloaded (it came out a few days ago,but just noticed it), but haven't quite installed.

Hope this helps,

Best in the New Year to all,

GeorgeB

Trusted Contributor
jhanks64
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Z30, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10

How to change the Snooze time for calendar reminders directly from the popup!
You can enable it so you can adjust your calendar snooze time on the fly. It'll work for tasks too. Here's how you do it:

Step 1: Open the Calendar App
Step 2: Hit the Menu Key, and Select Options
Step 3: Type in the letters acsz

That's it. From there you *should* get a popup saying "Now allowing user to change snooze from dialog" as shown in the photo below. If this doesn't work for you, try holding down the Alt key while typing acsz.

John Hanks
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Well, look at that. All these years and I didn't know that trick!! Just tried it on a 9860 and it worked!

Now I only wish it worked on BB10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
jhanks64
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Z30, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10

[ Edited ]

Actually. There is another feature I miss from Palm Pilot with Datebook. I could designate appointments as floating.  I loved it because if I didn't have time to do it, it would float to the next day continually until I complete it.

BBOS doesn't have it either though.

BB10 has a pretty great calendar.

John Hanks
JSanders

BIGN wrote:
 please ask them nicely to very quickly design a new Q10 with trackpad and answer/hang-up/menu buttons. Maybe it's not too late yet for BB...

I just don't see that happening very quickly. Perhaps they will surprise us.

Personally, I just don't see the need, but then again, why not.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
GeorgeB
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900

[ Edited ]

I've been keeping up with the changes in the Q10 OS. Almost two weeks ago, there was another 'leak' on CrackBerry, of 10.2.1.1925, in the form of an autoloader. It was a form of 'zipped' file, 7z; the sw to unpack it is available free. The installation was easy; I had connected the Q10 using Link just before using the autoloader (not sure whether that was necessary or not).

The cut-and-past and selection approach using the 'circle' may work just a bit better. If I was very quick after I touched the screen to bring up the 'circle' and _quickly_ touched it again, the circle and cursor seemed to last longer than before. But I did not have a second Q10 with 10.2.1.1055, to do a real comparison.

Loaded the TrackPad Editor (free), which is nice, and allows _better_ cut and paste and corrections. But you're typing the text into another window; when you've got it polished up, you can copy and past it in your email, save it as a file, or import it into Words-to-Go, (a nuisance step). The window that TrackPad Editor uses has a type font larger than the 5-point font that I use on the Q10 (and on my main BlackBerry, the Bold 9900). That makes it a bit easier to use, while retaining the 5-point size to get the most on all the native Q10 windows.

For me, this doesn't come anywhere near the ease-of-use of the real physical TrackPad and keys on the TrackPad row. But for those who like the Q10, it is an improvement.

I'm still using my 9900, and will continue, but I am following along with Q10 upgrades.

Best wishes to all in the New Year,

GeorgeB

Trusted Contributor
augusts
My Device: 9900

Thers is a hope, new ceo said that they will focus on keyboard devices. Now we need bes and touchpad back. http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2014/01/09/blackberry-confirms-niche-status-with-keyboard-foc...
JSanders

augusts wrote:
Thers is a hope, new ceo said that they will focus on keyboard devices. Now we need bes and touchpad back. 

Nothing has happend to BES. Still here, and fully supported and improved on by BlackBerry.

So, there is no getting BES back, it hasn't gone anywhere.

Knowledge Base Updates