Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
augusts
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bite

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

So why not have it on bb10.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

They said indefinitely, not infinitely. They are moving away from it. I didn't make the decision but I know what I've read and been told.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts

So from what has been said here they are moving away from bis cos they cannot be sure that they can run it properly without disturbion, very weak. Ps i only remember once that bis didnt work for some time. Otherwise it has been always perfect!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Gove me a break.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

augusts wrote:
So from what has been said here they are moving away from bis cos they cannot be sure that they can run it properly without disturbion, very weak. Ps i only remember once that bis didnt work for some time. Otherwise it has been always perfect!

Well, then you weren't on BIS much or very long, then. I recall many more outages and it wasn't reliable AT that time. There were too many complaints, it required (requires) a HUGE network infrastructure around the world with servers all over the world, maintenance and updating. It failed often and users demanded more. Likewise, the additional BIS subscription in much of the world was or is an additional charge over the normal monthly mobile provider subscription.

Quite frankly, you don't know what you're talking about. Yes, it's good for data compression and security and that's about it.

You are not here for the purpose of this forum and haven't been for months. You come back here every few days to spread discontent and complain, and MOST of your earlier complaints have been rectified and added back to the OS.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts

I dont know abt outage in usa but here i europe just once for real. Last 2-3 yrs havent had any problems with it.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
augusts

And jsanders you contradict urself, you say i just come here to complain but then you say that most of my complaints have been solved.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

augusts wrote:
And jsanders you contradict urself, you say i just come here to complain but then you say that most of my complaints have been solved.

That's not a contradiction, it is a truth.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

augusts wrote:
I dont know abt outage in usa but here i europe just once for real. Last 2-3 yrs havent had any problems with it.

I am talking about in Europe, or the EMEA region as BlackBerry designates Europe, Middle East and Africa region.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Mike1London
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Just jumping back in here to flag up an interesting article about using one of the new Blackberry phones to cover CES. Very balanced artiucle.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2014/01/smartphone-thunderdome-with-blackberry/?cid=17030024

Returning to the current subject, I was a big fan of BIS, it was much cheaper when roaming than using data but there was that big outage a few years ago which was a disaster...

Please use plain text.