Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Why I'm giving up my Q10 to go back to the Bold 9900

mdtoraass 1. Address groups is coming in an update. 2. Note creation is in your Remember app. 3. In don't have an issue with cut/paste, but just so know, that function has great improvements in OS 10.2. Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

I am right there with you....I wondered if anyone else thought the Q10 was a step back from the Bold 9900.  I am swapping back this week.  I tried a Galaxy S4 for a week, then swapped to the Q10.....it requires more steps to do the same things my 9900 does....which was a real workhorse!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

My Q10 is going to ebay! I’m returning to the Torch 9810 as soon as my sim card adapter arrives. I have spent about 6 weeks trying to adjust to the Q10 and am giving up.

Here’s where I found my challenges:

Answering the phone is not as easy as it should be! I can hold and swipe down but apparently either my finger temperature or swipe gesture is not always perfect so sometimes it take more than one try.

I do not like the way it sorts the address book by last name still showing the first name first even though sorted by last name. 

My visual voice mail is difficult – when I try to listen to a message, it usually just calls it back because the play icon is so small when touched, it touches the number.

I used the MemoPad app a lot and the new Remember app is nowhere near as easy to use.

The apps I used and liked on other BB’s seem to be unavailable for the Q10.

AND NOW THIS!!!!

I upgraded to the latest OS version a few days ago: it changed my wallpaper, screwed up my ability to send pictures by text, removed my visual voice mail settings, changed my email settings. Great. Resolved the email, will reset VVM after phone switch BUT I cannot seem to get back the ability to send pictures OR receive pictures by text after the upgrade! Very frustrating. I now get a message that I have a picture waiting and a “Download Now” button that does nothing!

My learning curve on the Q10 seems to be getting longer rather than shorter and I am totally frustrated by it.  The Q10 may be a great phone for somebody else but not me!

New Contributor
My Device: Many
My Carrier: Vodafone

Unfortunately BlackBerry does all it can do to kill its own product. Android-based apps now stick with the action bar that  reduces screen estate by 14%! Now bringing the (second) latest Android OS as a feature, we also have the Android action bar (on top) in, taking another 10% of the screen, unless the developer makes a special BlackBerry-Android version.

Basically this reduces the Q10 screen to awkward 580x720 pixels, all Android-based apps (the basis for most popular services) just don't diplay nicely anymore.

Having no phyiscal button to start and end a call does the rest to have this device laying in the office for testing only and still using the 9900 with a new battery for a real phone.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

THANK YOU to everyone for all the insightful comments and for starting this discussion with your experience Robert! I WAS considering upgrading to the Q10 from my 9900 but am so grateful that I didn't especially since it would cost me $600 (2yr pymnt installment) to "upgrade" w/T-Mobile.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Saved me time, a huge migraine & lots of $$!! I'll be even more careful to make my 9900 last as long as possible since the age of an all touchscreen device is inevitable.

Btw, your analogy of the TV remote control being replaced by a touchscreen controller was brilliant. Could not have made a better observation!

Thanks again!
Contributor
My Carrier: AT and T

I have the exact problem answering the phone and the same problem with visual voice mail -- many other problems as well.  I miss the roller ball.  If the third word needs to be corrected,  I end up having to erase the entire line to get back to the third word.  I am frustrated using this phone.

Contributor
My Device: 64Gb Playbook - Z10
My Carrier: MTN / Cell C

Good day everyone

Another 'update' as although PLENTY of 'experiences' from users of BB 10 devices have been posted to this forum, yesterday I had opportunity to again 'play' with a Z10 device (unfortunately no Q10 available) and results still not good...  Have made superficial search of the 500 odd postings covering subject of 'going back to Bold 9900' in case my observation already noted and not found so apologies if overlooked and this feedback is duplication.  Anyway, the new 'Remember' application is where I was trying to become 'comfortable' but seems that the short cut  > ld[space] < and > lt[space] < used to add date and time when using my 9900 do not exist?  Perhaps is a 'hidden' feature or different action / keystroke but alas I could not find and staff at the store were clueless as to anything related to using the BB device only offering "a better deal" by choosing Android or iPhone!

Now a VERY good chance I will cancel the Z10 I have on order and look for another 9900... or 'hope' for 'fix' on OS 10 device in the future.

Remember to KEEP SMILING :-)  Best regards

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

KEEP_SMILING wrote:

seems that the short cut  > ld[space] < and > lt[space] < used to add date and time when using my 9900 do not exist?  Perhaps is a 'hidden' feature or different action / keystroke but alas I could not find and staff at the store were clueless as to anything related to using the BB device

Yes, the Word Substitution (formerly called AutoText) do work in the Remember application. Perhaps the device you played with had the option disabled, but it is working and works well. I use those two specific shortcuts often in Remember.

KEEP_SMILING wrote:

Now a VERY good chance I will cancel the Z10 I have on order and look for another 9900... or 'hope' for 'fix' on OS 10 device in the future.

If you have other questions, please ask, or even create your own threads. You won't get much actual support in this thread since most of the users posting in this thread have moved on away from the Q10.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

In fact, I suggested some new features to BB, long before the advent of BB10, and not only did they reply, but they seem to have incorporated them into the Q10.

I'm very happy with my Q10. In fact, I would recommend it as a solid business phone, and would further say that it should be considered as a military phone. 

The complaints here appear to be centered on non-issues, such as lack of trackpad (so what?), lask of Google Maps (BB maps is fantastic, and I'm a big Google maps user), developer issues (who post on general forums?).

There's enough paid-for negative press out there against BB. It's obviouse to any reasonably informed person that the campaign against BB is simply a political one. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

Wow, BB_Q10! A very interesting conspiracy theory you set up. I don't believe a comment on that would be necessary or helpful.