Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

Why you should buy blackberry.

So many people say oh blackberry have this wrong that or whatever. because the apps arnt great it lacks those unique features other phones have. But if you look around loads of people have them you dont buy blackberry for the apps or the special gadget things or the 600 billion megapixel camera. you buy it for emailing texting and calling. you cant judge it on things it wasnt built for. it was made to be secure so one can get in to it easy messaging calling and texting every thing a phone is ment to do. if you want apps buy a iPod? iPad? if you want camera go buy a panasonic or sony. if you want web browing buy a google nexus? so many people complain. yet so many people have them. because it does what a phone does.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Why you should buy blackberry.

I agree with you on many of your points, and thank you for taking the time to share them with us here.  

You said if you want web brow(s)ing buy a google nexus, however if you've been fortunate enough to try the new Z10 or Q10, you'd probably change that sentence because BB 10 phones will browse just as well (and better!!) than the Nexus.

Either way, thanks for sharing your love of BlackBerry!  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: orange

I sort of made the google nexus thing up but I heard there supposed to have the best internet browser. with the Z10 the blackberry browser should be good to. I dont know if any one else noticed but I always thought that the touchscreen quality is excellent on blackberrys very smooth equal to the iPhone or better. Android touchscreen is very glitchy. my expirence with the samsung galaxy s4 and s3 the Htc One SV and the Htc sensation xl.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

I won't be due for an upgrade for awhile yet, but I've tried to check out the Blackberry 10 at a couple of kiosks and the Verizon store.  A HUGE issue is that I have yet to find one on display that lets you try more than one feature - usually the calendar.  I'm on my second BB mainly because of the ability to sync between Outlook and the device via USB rather than putting my info "in the cloud."  BB continues to be the only device with that capability.  I am another one of those persons who want my phone to make calls, text, occassionally email and look up something on the web.  I don't need 100 other features, but I need to know that the next device I buy will do what I need and be easy to use.  With operational iPhones and 'droids in the stores, BB is going to lose sales unless customers can really see what and how the BB-10 does.