Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
vdeluca
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

Wi-fi

Just purchased Q10 and I cannot connect to my home wi-fi network.  After I set it up, tt associates with network and then tries to authenticate but I get an error message..."Authentication timed out.  Please check your password and try again".  No problems with any other devices (including BB Curve 9330) in terms of access to network using same parameters.

Trusted Contributor
rambo47
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Re: Wi-fi

One thing to try is to log into an open hotspot WiFi network liie Starbucks. This is just to rule out some kind of total WiFi failure on your Q10. If you can log in at Starbucks at least you know WiFi is working. 

Open Settings > Network Connections > WiFi, then go to Saved Networks (icon that looks like a book page with a check mark on it) and see if your home network is listed. If it says "Saved - Disabled" you can click on it and enable the connection. You will have to choose to connect after turning it on in order to get the enabling to save. 

If that doesn't fix it then you have to look at what kind of security are you using on your router. Ironically BlackBerrys cannot handle some of the more advanced security protocols. I'm not certain, but I believe WEP and WPA are supported but WPA-2 is not. It's a crappy solution but you might have to downgrade your router's security protocol for WiFi. 

New Contributor
vdeluca
My Device: Q10

Re: Wi-fi

That did it...just had to change router setting to different WPA mode.  Thanks!