Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Will it get better?

I automatically fell in love with my Bold, and Torch. Not so much with the Q10.

I'm fumbling. My thumb goes to a track ball that isn't there. I'm not sure how to highlight text or maneuver between bbm to notes to email... I know there's a learning curve... but...

Will it get better?

I know... vague question... but did anyone feel this way?

Contributor
My Carrier: Optus

Re: Will it get better?

It will get better - after you learned not to search for the trackpad, you hate the circle thing but after a while, you get used to it.

You even might be able to learn how to select something - but I'm not there yet.

Will you fall in love with this - I don't think. You will get used to it and always think: Why the heck haven't they kept the trackpad or at least added a virtual trackpad.

But you will deal with it because otherwise the device and the OS is awesome (though there are still a few areas which need enhancement)
Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

I loved every BB I have ever owned... even the blue brick with the side wheel...

I feel like you do... the only thing that makes me happy is the keys to type with.  I own an iphone for work and I still prefer my bb... even now... I have owned my Q10 since Tuesday so for 7 days total and it has been a nightmare of duplicate contact entries and none of the contact text tones working... but BB support assures me they are working on some of the problems... and I miss my back arrow and the track ball... BUT the one thing that can get you back to everywhere is the finger swipe from the bottom of the screen... I am starting to like that... and now I keep doing it to my IPHONE... which the IPHONE has no idea what that is... lol

Hang in there... BB has always been the best text keyboard on the market... and I have tried every phone with a keypad and I have always traded it back in for a BB... I do like a better browser... so I will suffer thru the growing pains for my new Q10 to get up to speed... BUT I feel your pain

My Carrier: Vodafone

Nightmare is a good word for the Q10. I have owned four Blackberrys before and I definitely won't bother again. The phone freezes, it is difficult to answer calls and e-mails take ages. No wonder the company is doing badly, it deserves to.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Now let's hear from somebody who's had no problems with his Q10.....ME! Smiley Happy

Yes, it does take some getting used to; this is NOT your previous BlackBerry. What it is is faster, smoother and can do more than on older BlackBerry devices. Keeping in mind that it's still a relatively new OS, one can expect kinks in it. I'm running a very new OS version (Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1047) and it's the smoothest and most stable OS I've ever seen on a BlackBerry.

I say hang in there and give it some time. Once you master the phone, you'll be amazed at how much better it is than most other phones, iOS and Android included.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Verizon

My only issues with my Q10 are missing features and glitches with contacts. The thing to remember is that BB10 is a whole new beginning for BlackBerry. There's bound to be some growing pains. We can all see that BlackBerry went in a more consumer-oriented direction, emphasizing social networking and connecting with friends. Unfortunately they didn't just add this to the business functions, they overrode those business features. And that's what a lot of us loved about BlackBerrys. The purpose-driven design and effeciency of use. I'm sure a lot of those business/efficiency features will return, but given BlackBerry's precarious financial position they had to compromise and make some tough choices. They chose consumer/social over business. It will get better though with each new release. 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Q10
My Carrier: 02

I have a Q10 as my personal phone and an older Curve issued by work, I found myself trying to use the swipe command on the Curve the otherday. 

It is a bit of a step change from trackpad devices but after a while it becomes the normal and you can get around pretty quick. I do like the predictive text feature which is very quick to use.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I'd like to chime in once again, if I may.

Yes, I may be biased to BlackBerry, but I've compared my Q10 and Z10 to phones from "the other guys" and 9 times out of 9, either of my phones kicks major behind.  They might not be perfect phones at this point but they have an incredible base on which to build, a base that is already leaps and bounds ahead of the others (and by "the others", I mean iOS, Android and Windows Phones).

I know it's tough to sit and wait for the features you want now but keep in mind that you're holding what is probably the BEST smartphone on the market right now and it's only going to get better so hang in there!

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

First week for me was a major challenge.
The girl @ the store reassured me that thing will get better ... they did.
Swipe rocks, but do miss the on/off buttons. As much as I enjoy the swipe actions, a simple tactile click (i.e. Click to end phone call) I do miss.