Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Z10 to Q10 device switch - errors

Hi All,

I am getting an error message while trying to switch devices from Z10 to Q10 using the feature in the Blackberry Link. After backing up the Z10 and when in the next step to transfer data to the Q10, the error message is that the data transfer cannot take place since the software version of Q10 is older than Z10. I tried to check for updates but the message I got was that all software is updated on the Q10.

What should I do? Should I use the "Restore" option?

Appreciate any help i can get on this.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 to Q10 device switch - errors

Hey devesh.

This occurs as the BlackBerry 10 Software between the Q10 Smartphone and Z10 Smartphone have different versions and restoring data from a newer version of software could cause unexpected behaviour on older software and is not currently supported.

Requests have been made to allow supported functionality of this, however at this time I suggest contacting your Wireless Service Provider for assistance in transferring you to BlackBerry Support so that we can look into getting your data transferred over with a workaround or other means.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks for the information. Can't I get direct access to BlackBerry Support so they can solve my problem directly?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

No, not for free. However your carrier can escalate you to BlackBerry support for free.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: A1

this is a real problem. I cannot transfer from my Z10 to Q10 all my data because of this old SW issue.

Contacts over-the-air synch does not work properly - I get 80% of them (only those stored in Outlook, but I also have contacts in BB which somehow do not synch with Outlook).

Whatsapp mesages and sms messages are not transferred at all etc.

what to do? back to Z10 until Q10 has a newer SW?