Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
jara7
My Device: q10

a problem with my Q10 BBM, Display name and status

Hi,

I'm having problem with BBM, once I click on my display image or name to change it hangs. no matter what I do I reloaded and rest and wiped many times.

Please
Help
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: a problem with my Q10 BBM, Display name and status

What do you mean when you say it hangs? Are you able to close BBM and go back in? do you have to reboot? Exactly what is happening?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jara7

When I try to press on the dp or status bar, the BBM just stop working, and I have to close it it and re open it again and I have to avoid pressing on the dp or status bar!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've not heard of that bug. Here's a suggestion, though.

Go to www.blackberry.com/beta and register. Then login and sign up for the BBM Channels beta for BB10. Sign up for that program and then follow the instructions to install the new version to your Q10. You will need a PC to install the new version.

The updated version of BBM might just solve your problems. If that doesn't work then I suggest contacting your carrier and getting your issue escalated to BB Support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jara7

Unfortunately updating the bbm dosent solve the problem , in addition to that my phone is an unlocked phone I got it from slefridges in London so what do you advice me to do ?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Make a full backup of your device using BlackBerry Link.  I recommend making separate backups for Media, Applications, and Settings rather than making one full backup. 

Then reload the OS by following the instructions here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bin_dubai
My Device: Q10

good afternoon

I have same issue, I tried all steps mention and still not solve , it hang the display name when click

any suggestions ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aalsayed

I have the same problem, when ever I try to enter my profile it gets stuck and I have to restart the program again, cant change dp/status + I cant see my pin or barecode
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bin_dubai

Good afternoon 

I tried another option, but I dont know if its helpful or no

I just type wrong password for device password in the end I clicked WIPE

I configured the blackberry again.. its working fine for me 

In service center they told me to wait for 2 weeks just for update to solve this issue 

And within 20 min I did wipe and issue sloved!!!!!! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Najiba
My Device: Q10 2013

[ Edited ]

go to App world, download an application called MyProfilesLight you will find it there its available

it will show you bunch of status pick which ever then Run Profile

its a temporary solution but you will be able to open your profile :Shifty:

no need to thank meeeeh lol

Please use plain text.