Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
luckysheep
My Device: Q10

adding contacts problem!!

I cant add a contact with my bb Q10. After I enter the contacts information and press save...it just wont happen...is like i never did those steps!! it doesnt save anything!!

any help would be appreciated

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cory-B
My Device: Z30

Re: adding contacts problem!!

[ Edited ]

I thought I would copy my post below as I am having the same issue on a new Z30. Here is a link to my post.

---

I am new to BB10 but have had older BlackBerrys in the past. My initial impression is the Z30 is an amazing device and really quick compared the the flagship Android device I was using while waiting for BB10. 

I have everything up and working on the Z30 except for the Contacts app.

When I try to migrate from the 9810 it shows the contacts are included in the data that is saved to the memory card however when I run the migration wizard on the Z30 the result is no contacts.

I then tried to send a few of the contacts over a paired BlueTooth connection. The contact details all show up perfectly on the Z30 as excepted however clicking on "Save" does not keep the contact.

I then tried manually enterting a new contact, going to save and still cannot get even a single contract entry. A reboot of the phone did not change the current status.

I am sure I have done something really obvious that is causing this current issue however searching the Internet is not turning up any answers. Can someone please point me in the right direction on this issue?

Added:

I have done some further investigation.

Adding an account to sync contacts with and then adding a new contact from the BlackBerry has it show up online as entered however it is not visible on the device.

I would really appreciate some assistance in figuring this one out.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cory-B

Turned out I was able to solve the issue with migrating the contacts from my 9810 by doing a fully factory reset on the Z30. Once the reset was complete transferring using the media card worked.

It might be worth a try if you are having a similar issue to what I described above.
Please use plain text.
spybraek

Same problem here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
superman-bb

I have the q10 and im having the same problem I cannot add new contacts. I add the info, and hit save, but no info gets saved.
Help!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cory-B

Have you tried a full factory reset? I had the same issue on a Z30 and that is how I solved it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
superman-bb

I haven tried that.. was avoiding it
Please use plain text.
Contributor
superman-bb

Any other ideas on how to sole this problem
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Cory-B

@superman-bb - Did you attempt a full factory reset as I had suggested earlier in the thread?

I know you have a Q10 so that may be different but I did encounter this same issue on my Z30 and that is the only way I was able to find which solved it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
superman-bb

Haven't yet, will attempt thus tonight
If I do so, what's important to know? Like if I backup my BlackBerry via link will I be able to restore everything easily? Even my exchange profile?
Will my 'accounts' be automatically configured or do I have to resetup? Thanks
Please use plain text.