Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: bb q10
My Carrier: rogers

bb q10 auto dimming

you cannot turn OFF auto dimming on the Q10.  in low lit rooms the screen goes very dull and it is very difficult to see the screen.  i am very surprised that BB does not let the customer turn off auto dimming.  this is crazy!!  does any one know if BB is going to fix this problem.  the screen is so dull that it looks like it is broken.    all the other phones allow you to turn off auto diming.

Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: bb q10 auto dimming

[ Edited ]

Correct. Perhaps that function will be added.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

My screen is so dim I strain my eyes to see it!  I realize many people "have no problem with it" - my daughter likes her screen on dim light - however I do not - I need it BRIGHT so it seems to be there should be the OPTION to go as bright or as dim as the user prefers - my Torch 9810 and my former Curve had this option so why on earth doesnt this brand new OS10 not????

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Because the Q10 uses different screen technology. If you like BB10 devices and you need a brighter screen, jump over to the Z10 which has a brighter screen.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

moodyk13, there is an option to turn the screen to its full brightness, at Settings > Display.

You cannot however turn off the auto dimming.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Me and touch screen keyboards don't mesh - that's why I was excited about the Q10 coming out....

I have my screen turned up to the brightest setting. Even took a picture of my white counter top with the flash on to have a brighter wallpaper and guess what.... the image is light gray - not white.

Either my phone is messed up, or the camera will never take a decent picture - will always be a light gray vs. white - which makes no sense to me why BB would think that is a good idea.

Well, as commented above, the Q10 is purposefully dimmer than others mainly due to the OLED screen technology.

I have a Q10, but it is bright enough for me. Perhaps there is a difference on some devices.

Knowledge Base Updates