Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
cmudry
My Device: q10

can't send/receive pics via text/whatsapp/etc

Can't send/receive pics via text/whatsapp on my Q10. Small red icon with a clock face appears to the upper left of the image while it's attempting to be delivered. Nothing happens. Any help with settings, etc. be apprecaited. 

Thanks, 

CM

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: can't send/receive pics via text/whatsapp/etc

Does everything else work? BBM? email, etc.? If so, I'd suspect it's a Whatsapp server issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
cmudry

functionally speaking: BBM - yes; email - yes; whatsapp - yes; text - yes pics do not however work for text or email. any ideas? Thanks, CM
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

So, you can't send pics over email or SMS/MMS either? I would contact your provider, Bell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Blue-Chili

i cant send pictures via Facebook messages...
SmilingMike
My Device: Q10 and Torch

1. Navigate to your device's Messaging menu
  2. Select Multimedia Messaging settings
  3. Select Message Centre or MMS gateway option
  4. Enter the following in the Message Centre/MMS gateway field:
    MMSC URL: (this is dependant on your provider,  call them and ask the info or get a friend to show you the appropriate settings)

on Bell Mobility it is

http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
Megsavs
My Device: Q10

You have to have your carriers data o. I had the same issue and always had it off cuz I use wifi and didn't want to eat up my data.. Pics won't send over just wifi connections, you need the carriers data on to do it