Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
lauralourod1142
My Device: Q10

Re: cant delete notifications from hub, facebook or whats app

I am on the phone now, trying to see what I can do... Please call because the one girl, I am talking to, said this is a new issue to her. (meaning she hasn't heard of anyone else having it) I'll keep you posted as to what I hear...
New Contributor
lauralourod1142

One thing i just learned from the BB lady, is if you put your finger off the top right of the screen (so just off the touch screen) and slide your finger down diagonally 5 times it will refresh your whole hub (as if you just restarted your phone) Obviously is NOT a complete fix, but it does help a little bit from completely restarting your phone every time.  

DeeJaWue
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Hello, I'm from Germany, so my English isn't the best one :smileywink:

I have the same problem with whatsapp and facebook. I have an own Exchange server (without BES, only Microsoft active sync), and no problems with the e-mails.

The problem is fixed, if I turn off any notifications of facebook (options - account's - facebook: notification off, messages off, .... ) after that I restart my phone and whatapp works perfect, but if I turn of the notifications of facebook the problem is the same like before.
So I think there is a problem with the facebook app.

I hope my English isn't to bad :smileyvery-happy:

Regards
Daniel
DeeJaWue
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

* but if I turn ON the notifications, I have the same problem like before.
Contributor
Matt1969
My Device: Z10 STL100-2

I seem to be experiencing the exact same problem on my z10 right now.......its very annoying.
Contributor
Matt1969
My Device: Z10 STL100-2

That seems to refresh it and allow me to delete sms and what's app messages for now. Going to try the Facebook settings now.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5

Have the same problem... can seem to fix it.... any thoughts?
New Developer
terencesiu

I also had this problem before after upgraded my Q10's OS to 10.1 MR. After doing numerous research on the Internet, the workaround that worked in my case was to disable Facebook notification in Account setting. The effect was that, you won't receive any FB update/notification until you open the app. This issue continued even I upgraded the OS to 10.2.0.1443, and it was resolved when I subsequently upgraded to 10.2.0.1725 (i'm now on 10.2.0.1743 which behaves normally).
Contributor
freeyo
My Device: 9800 torch and playbook also 9700 bold

Log out of Facebook. Then log back in. Might work for what's app as well.
New Contributor
derricknoel
My Device: Z10

On your phone go to Settings. Go to Accounts and scroll down to Facebook and turn off Sync Messages and all other Sync options to off. You can now delete your Facebook messages and notifications from the Hub or wherever. Should work for the other apps.