Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
geekgirl
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: does anybody like the Q10???

Returning my 2nd Q10 in 4 days.  Multiple issues with hardware and software.  Going iPhone

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Carrier: Bell

Sorry to hear that can we hear the issues you're having with your devices!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geekgirl
My Carrier: Rogers

I've spoken to RIM and Rogers and the both are telling me just to try a new handset.

2 is my limit.

Been a blackberry family from the begining.  This is the begining of the end

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

geekgirl wrote:

I've spoken to RIM and Rogers and the both are telling me just to try a new handset.

2 is my limit.

but what are the issues?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Got my wife a Z10 day it came out and she's far from technical, she transitioned from her 9700 to it all by herself and is thrilled. Yes there are changes in the way things work but she worked them out by herself.  I got a Q10 on first day and it's humming along perfectly. On any new device you have to invest a little effort to learn the system but that with anything, your new car doesn't work exactly like your old one.. Both of us live on our BBs for business and I would consider us heavy duty users and have been for years. I find it interesting that those that are complaining don't seem to have specifics and are just unhappy. If so, please move on to another device and don't waste our time with how unhappy you are..

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Carrier: Bell

tirgoman wrote:

Got my wife a Z10 day it came out and she's far from technical, she transitioned from her 9700 to it all by herself and is thrilled. Yes there are changes in the way things work but she worked them out by herself.  I got a Q10 on first day and it's humming along perfectly. On any new device you have to invest a little effort to learn the system but that with anything, your new car doesn't work exactly like your old one.. Both of us live on our BBs for business and I would consider us heavy duty users and have been for years. I find it interesting that those that are complaining don't seem to have specifics and are just unhappy. If so, please move on to another device and don't waste our time with how unhappy you are..

Tell them my brother! 

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

geekgirl wrote:

2 is my limit.

RIM told you that. ok. What were the issues you were having?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dsn101
My Carrier: VZW

does anybody like the Q10???

Very fortunate that your Q10 and Z10 are humming along smoothly and you've adapted.

Not so for me and this Q10 from which I'm writing.

I have, in fact, posted plenty of specific Qs in another thread. While contributors have kindly answered or attempted to answer those Qs, only one answer actually resolved a perceived issue.

So far, every other answer is an attempt to help this Q10 do what it's predecessor 9650 already did.

I greatly appreciate all the assistance but cannot for the life of me understand why so much time and effort are required just to get this bigger, better BlackBerry to reach a threshold set by its predecessor.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
philhughes

Thanks for your comments because I'm really torn in whether or not to upgrade from the 9930 to Q10 with all the negative comments - being the "eternal optimist," I want to believe that things are just as you say. I do enjoy a challenge to learn new things, and believe that that will help stave off this aging brain thing!
Phil
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Carrier: Telekom

Phil

Try it and I'm sure you will long for your Bold ...
Please use plain text.