Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: does anybody like the Q10???

Here is the reality of Internet forums. Thousands of Z10 and Q10 s have been sold over the past months. Only those with issues come here. Nobody comes on just to say how everything is perfect and they have no problems. You can go to the Apple forums, the Google and Android forums and find people complaining about this and that issue and how some state they are leaving Apple for Android nd vice versa.

The fact us that thousands of people are using their Q10s and having no issues. We see only the negative side on forums. It's just a fact of forum life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dsn101 wrote:

Holy cow, JSanders.

I'd say you're comparing apples to oranges again.

One meal is done and over, liked or disliked, and not fixable post consumption.

There's not much that can fixed after the meal is over. It's gone, and you either accept the apologies and whatever is offered in it's place and move on.

So, let's talk tech, instead of the latest bit of who got a new iPhone. I didn't bring all that up, and all the anecdotes.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dsn101
My Device: 9650 (formerly Q10)
My Carrier: VZW

does anybody like the Q10???

Terrific. My tech Qs are posted in the other thread.

Thank you, D.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

AndyZed wrote:
Being a BlackBerry user since 2003, I am deeply disappointed by the Q10 and OS10. What's missing (e.g. in comparison with Bold 9900 and other past models):: 1. Lacking synchronization with Outlook (a must have for business users!). 2. No automated Bcc function. 3. BIS was extremely comfortable to use with multiple e-mail addresses. 4. WhatsApp can't be backed to the SD (perhaps a problem with the WhatsApp application?) 5. Dark display in dark environments. 6. No individual signatures for different e-mail accounts (even Androids provide this functionality!). A no-go for a business phone. Result: My BlackBerry Q10 will be returned to the vendor. I will be using my Bold 9900 until I find another smart phone. I have, at least for myself, blacklisted BlackBerry. It's quite asonishing what BlackBerry has virtually thrown into the market. The haptic doesn't get over these shortcomings!

No socalled "experts" have taken a stance to these technical issues! Instead, they are bludgening critical viewpoints!

1.  Two way sync with Outlook was released a week ago. 

2.  True, no BCC options.  I, personally, never used that feature but many do.  I agree, hopefully that comes in a future update.

3.  BIS was comfortable and worked well (except for two way mail sync in many cases) but the entire globe was up in arms when an outage would occur.  Everyone hated BIS when there was an outage and the other platforms were said to be far superior with their standard email protocols.  Now that BB has gone to the standard Internet email setup everyone wants BIS back.  The reality is that the bad press pushed BIS out.  I'd love to see BIS brought back but I wouldn't hold your breath. 

4.  What do you need to backup in Whatsapp??  When I logged in on my new device all my contacts were there.  When you make backups using Link all that app data is backed up.  Besides, when BBM goes cross-platform this summer everyone will drop Whatsapp like a hot rock, me included.  Say what you want about BB but they have the best IM app out there, bar none.  Nobody else even comes close.

5.  Display does darken in dark rooms.  It wouldn't hurt to be able to adjust that.  I don't think it's a deal breaker, though. 

6.  Email account specific signatures can, indeed, be setup on the BB10 devices.  Open the Hub.  Tap the three dots to bring up the overflow menu and go to Settings.  Tap on Email Accounts.  Tap the account you wish to set up a signature for.  Enter your signature.  Now do the same for your other accounts. 

Result:  I'll let you fill that in. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dsn101 wrote:

Terrific. My tech Qs are posted in the other thread.

Thank you, D.

In that Q10 worst "new" device ever! thread????

I get all dirty feeling in both of these threads. OK.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

[ Edited ]

Is anybody of you, guys, using the Q10 calendar on BES? Its totaly crazy, it needs anytime when opened seconds till the calendar entries are load! The calendar is absolutelly unuseles.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

@RobertP,
I use the calendar over Active Sync with Exchange....same as over BES since BES still uses Active Sync. My calendar items come up with a second or two. I find my calendar very useful and use it daily.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Also, all your calendar items for the next day or so are in the Hub.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I also use ActiveSync with Exchange, might take a millisecond if I'm flipping through quickly but I'd call it instantly and not a problem. Also if you swipe down on the e-mail screen your calendar items for the rest of current and next day are listed.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
RobertP
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Hi. I get all the time the rotating "waiting" wheel when choosing a day or week in the calendar view and have to wait for aprox 30 seconds till I see the calendar entries. I have a lot of calendar entries in the future and in the past, but with my 9900 on the old BES never had a problem.

Please use plain text.