Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: does anybody like the Q10???

Robert, we're working your problem in another thread. Please don't post the same question in multiple threads.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
AndyZed
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again

@John Clark

Thanks for this first serious reply to my questions. My comments thereto:

1. Sync via Link (USB) doesn't work on my system (Win7 64 Ultimate). I'm not able to open the settings for sync procedures (Outlook 2010 with 5 PSTs totalling 60 GB)..All werked well with BB DTM on my 9900.

2. As I primarily use POP accounts (a total of 8), Bcc is indispensible for me.

3. BIS was also great for handling of the individual signatures, as well as being able to have alternate reply e-mail addresses. I addition, at least in Europe, BIS push prevented data volume being used over roaming; a clear cost advantage for me.

4. I have roughly 3,000 Outlook contacts of which almost 400 have WhatsApp. Therefore it seems to be quite prevalent. In the past, I had only few contacts with BBM. Perhaps BBM is used more in the US. On my 9900 it was possible to store all WhatsApp conversations and pictures thereto on the external SD-Card. When e.g., and it happened once, my 9900 had to be repaired, I was able to put the SD in the new Bold and had all stored conversations at my disposal.

5. Display adjustment in the dark would be great.

6. I think your'e not right on the signature topic. My signatures are long and include disclaimers. I use the different e-mail accounts for different assignments within my consulting business. If you enter a signature on the Q10 for the individual e-mail accounts, only the last signature entered can be used. The others disappear (iOS does the same, but Android allows differing signatures, however with limited length). Without BIS it is quite tedious to type in the signatures. The size of the signatures was not limited within BIS. This comment also applies to the 2 MS-Exchange accounts, which I use.

One more disadvantage of the OS10: On the 9900 it was possible to have the spellcheck automatically run before the e-mail was actually sent. Now you always have to view the underscored words and tap on them. Makes sending an e-mail a little more uncomfortable.

By the way, scrolling is much more convenient on the 9900!

I surely am not griping about BlackBerry, having been a staunch supporter going back to the days where the "wheel" was on the device. I am and always have been keen for technical developments, not only in the smart phone environment.. The Q10/OS10 is just not up to my expectations for a BlackBerry. I just can't see any advantage over Androids, except for the keyboard. I use a Note II for leisure and surfung, but also have all my accounts loaded on this device).

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

AndyZed wrote:

6. I think your'e not right on the signature topic. My signatures are long and include disclaimers. I use the different e-mail accounts for different assignments within my consulting business. If you enter a signature on the Q10 for the individual e-mail accounts, only the last signature entered can be used. The others disappear (iOS does the same, but Android allows differing signatures, however with limited length). Without BIS it is quite tedious to type in the signatures. The size of the signatures was not limited within BIS. This comment also applies to the 2 MS-Exchange accounts, which I use.

Andy, are you not seeing the signature setup as John described? I know it's there just as he said, I'm using it as well.

Or is it the limiting your signature text length? Or are you needing to setup more than one signature per email account? When you say "the others disappear", what do you mean?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
AndyZed

@JSanders:

After having entered a signature for an e-mail account, I then went on to enter a new signature for another account. After that, the second signature entry appears in the first entered account. Thus only one signature is available. A limitation to the length is not given.
JSanders

No, that's not working right... you should have one for each account, save and enter a new and different one for the next account. There's some bug on your device regarding this.

These are POP accounts?

Are they all on the same email server or host?

Just curious, there must be something different here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
AndyZed

@JSanders:

I have several POP accounts and 2 MS Exchange accounts.

The POP accounts are with 2 providers, in part domains registered to me. I don't actually believe that this would be influencing the signatures on the device.
Regular Contributor
AndyZed

JSanders:

You mentioned "save". Is there any button used to save? Or, is tje sihnatute saved when you go back in the sihnature menue?
JSanders

I don't believe so either, but knowing the environment helps and to see what is different than the results the rest of us are seeing.

So you set the sig on a pop account A, and save.

You go to set (a different) sig on pop account B, and save.

You return to pop account A, and it has the sig of pop account B.

Is that how you're seeing it?

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
AndyZed

JSanders:

Yep, that's what happens.