Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: does anybody like the Q10???

philhughes wrote:
Thanks for your comments because I'm really torn in whether or not to upgrade from the 9930 to Q10 with all the negative comments - being the "eternal optimist," I want to believe that things are just as you say. I do enjoy a challenge to learn new things, and believe that that will help stave off this aging brain thing!

Trust me once you upgrade and take the time to learn Q10 or Z10(Which I love) its worth the while don't get me wrong there are going to be times where we all have errors, thats why we are all on here on the forums, its a open discussion ! We can express our thoughts and help others and learn ourself! 

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dsn101, please -- don't be insulting, you've tossed around enough already. Several of us have tried to help you. Some issues are fixable, and some are not. But you keep returning to tell us how the Q10 will fail and BlackBerry is failing etc., and another friend left BlackBerry.

@ , read this thread below, from current, former BlackBerry and iOS users with praise on the Q10.

Go read these:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Hate-it-very-angry/m-p/2428801#M28446

and this:  The truth about the Q10 from a real power user

Oh, I agree you should hear both sides of an issue.

Some naysayers are not going to give up. A couple of these users have already moved on and keep returning to back the device.

Get both sides.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

You have to remember people only go to support sites to complain or if they have a problem they are trying to resolve.

Folks that are happy and have no problems with their device rarely seek out a support site to post:

"Dear Blackberry support,

I have no questions or problems with your product and I do not need support"

SpencerNSO, true.

This is a SUPPORT forum. Users are directed here by the support mechanisms and  come here with questions and  those who need support (other than those few who troll to tell us how bad the company and device is failing).

In spirit of support.,.. why don't we get back to technical issues,.. sorta back on topic?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I loved the blackberry because it was the only phone I could group my contacts and send 300 texts within 5 minutes. Because of this I stuck with the blackberry and got the q10. I've found out they do not do the groups any more and no one seems to be able to tell me how to send texts to multiple contacts without individually adding the names each time. Can you help
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

Being a BlackBerry user since 2003, I am deeply disappointed by the Q10 and OS10. What's missing (e.g. in comparison with Bold 9900 and other past models):: 1. Lacking synchronization with Outlook (a must have for business users!). 2. No automated Bcc function. 3. BIS was extremely comfortable to use with multiple e-mail addresses. 4. WhatsApp can't be backed to the SD (perhaps a problem with the WhatsApp application?) 5. Dark display in dark environments. 6. No individual signatures for different e-mail accounts (even Androids provide this functionality!). A no-go for a business phone. Result: My BlackBerry Q10 will be returned to the vendor. I will be using my Bold 9900 until I find another smart phone. I have, at least for myself, blacklisted BlackBerry. It's quite asonishing what BlackBerry has virtually thrown into the market. The haptic doesn't get over these shortcomings!

No socalled "experts" have taken a stance to these technical issues! Instead, they are bludgening critical viewpoints!

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

does anybody like the Q10???

JSanders,
Why are you saying that I'm insulting?

I thanked those who have and are trying to help - especially you.

I explained the outcome(s) of the assistance.

I reported the latest anecdote, which came from a great Florida attorney friend whose husband's company very recently pushed an iPhone into his pocket. (Apparently, he doesn't care for it but is required to use it.)

I haven't characterized your demeanor or perspective, or been derogatory.

My compositions have been fairly academic albeit with some flavor added.

So, what the heck do you find so distasteful that you should call me insulting??

D

AndyZed wrote:

No socalled "experts" have taken a stance to these technical issues! Instead, they are bludgening critical viewpoints!

Andy, because... this is a SUPPORT FORUM.. . and the point of making your critical viewpoints is what?

And now you're going to make personal attacks on those with whom you disagree?

Knowledge Base Updates

dsn101 wrote:

So, what the heck do you find so distasteful that you should call me insulting??

That you keep coming back with more 'anecdotes' of heresay.

Let me ask you dsn, If you have a had a bad meal or service at a restaurant, I would highly expect you to complain about it. You'd ask for a manager or a whatever.

But -- would you stand around hours later still talking about it?

Would you drop back by next day to tell the manager your best friend's brother in law told you had a bad meal there also?

Would you keep on about it?

And keep telling the patrons there in the restaurant how you "don't expect this place to last, their going under, that bad steak they serve is gonna do this place in!"

Would you?

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8330 > 9650 > Q10 > 9650 > 9930
My Carrier: VZW

does anybody like the Q10???

[ Edited ]

Holy cow, JSanders.

I'd say you're comparing apples to oranges again.

One meal is done and over, liked or disliked, and not fixable post consumption.

In meal terms, this Q10 is, at least in my case here in the US with VZW, a 2 year partially prepaid meal plan contract with a steep penalty for breaking the contract after a 14 day recissionary period has expired.

May I ask why you're so emotionally invested in this?

And may I ask why you're so very critical of those - particularly yours truly - who are critical of their early experience with BB 10 devices?

Please tell me, are my questions and thoughts constructed and framed courteously?

I'm very eager to learn the answers to technical questions I've posted elsewhere.

And I'm very eager to learn your perspective here, as well.

D