Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: true
Accepted Solution

:( from a loyal customer

it saddens me to find out that my BlackBerry Q10 does not support most apps I have used on my previous 9900. And to be honest ive always used all the bolds BlackBerry have manufactured and have always been a big fan. Though I may switch to iphone 4s, 5 and currently 5s ive always missed typing on a BlackBerry and this is what made me bought the Q10........

why cant you just have it support most applications? focus on the trends instead of going halfway? the I mean, I would buy all the bolds in the future and the passport looks amazing too....but come on....ur one step close to ios and andriod.....why not kick some **bleep**?!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: :( from a loyal customer

Can you give examples of apps you are missing? Most Android apps run on the Q10.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

And it's not BlackBerry that decides what apps will be supported on its phones, it's the developers of apps that decide for which platforms they'll develop. If it was up to BlackBerry, every app in the world would be available for BlackBerry phones.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650 (non-camera)
My Carrier: Sprint

No, thanks. Don't want the "oops just leaked my naked selfies" app. Too funny, crapple!

New Contributor

on my 9900, the Line application (like a japanese whatsapp, but very popular in southeast asia) works magically after my second attempt to come back on BlackBerry for it. (first time wouldnt work I guess from the app not being upgraded itself to be compatible with BlackBerry, second time was amazing Smiley Happy)

now switching to BlackBerry Q10 I kind of dreamed for Line to work, google maps, etc....but I guess it was just hopes Smiley Happy

apps do work when I downloaded the apk file, if not I load the bar file and install it through DDBP but it doesnt work 100% and it shuts itself most of the time.

but thank you though for your concern, im just too in love with BlackBerry to give it up completely. and I love typing on it!!
New Contributor

thank you BILLJ
seeing the light of day Smiley Very Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

I too am sorely disappointed in the lack of developers in the community that have not developed apps for this device - I am shocked bberry hasn't done more to encouraged developers to be more engaged and or that they haven't underwritten these efforts.  I have been the lone advocate out here in the Silicon Valley using a bberry and mostly get laughed at for still using it.... I was/am such a loyalist I just bought the Q10 because I truly believe the bberry is a better more secure device -  however, I am now at a point where NONE of the apps I used on my Bold are available:  Uber, Shazam, Viber (to name a few daily use apps) and then all the under performing apps such as airlines,delta, and all the banking apps -  that it has become almost impossible not to buy another device. Daily I watch startups in the valley appear to develop a new app for the iphone because the community is encouraged and underwritten by angel investors and the big boys Apple, Google and FB to name a few ..to do so..... where is BB in this game..... I have faith corporate gets it and wants their turnaround strategy to work...but not when they start to lose loyalist like myself.  Oh well... will see what happens for a while but it better happen soon...   apologies for the long reply...

New Contributor

@akrammer well said,I second you on everything above Smiley Happy

I too did believe in the device and bought the Q10 just to find out that if I love it this much, ill try sticking to it. But switching back to iphone is also something I have in mind because blackberry no longer makes me feel like its capable for everything like it used to Smiley Sad and I hope soon later I wont stop using it because iphones are much more convenient these days Smiley Sad but please do something......im always on bb's side Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

apologies for alllllll my long replies as well.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Bbos 10 is a year old platform, it takes time, plus within a month or two we will have 200 000 apps from amazon Smiley Happy
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!