Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
siobhancunningham
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

how to reset if device password locked?

Device password has locked for no reason, so have to reset and start again, but how do you reset if you cannot get into 'setting's without passing password stage??

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: how to reset if device password locked?

Hope this helps:

How do I reset my device password if I forget it?

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/50635/als1341842262405.jsp

Change or remove your device password

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/50635/als1341501033686.jsp

Without knowing the password on the device, you will have to wipe it to start over.

thnku for this but will not let u into settings unless you have password, and will not let you into blackberry link on ur laptop unless you have password.... the blackberry HQ has been on call with me for a while now, they cannot work it out either....

number of password tries has frozen at 6/10.... even though have now tried 15 times... strange...?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Gotcha. I take it you've done a battery pull?

yep, overnight, for 20 mins and for 1 min.... blackberry are lost also on this, they are still on call trying to work out.... is a new phone, but has been working perfectly for 10 days, accepting the password ok until now...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jirages
My Device: Z10 + Q10

if you press the lock button above screen for 30 seconds, it will reset the device to factory.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jesterchen
My Device: q10
My Carrier: -

Sooo.

Blackberry is lost on this one. So was I. And i kind of freaked out, when I found the solution. Look at the picture (sorry, only selfsigned https). Look closely. Closer.

'Enter "blackberry"'

Found it?

My Q10 was locked in a loop of 6/10 attempts. I had noticed that on the connected PC there was a warning with only 5 tries at all, not 10. I thought I caught a naughty bug.

Then I read the image. I did not just look, I read.

Still not found?

Enter "blackberry" at attempt 6/10, then your password afterwards. Yet I have no idea, why they did this. But now I can happily use my Q10 again.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
vincentkong
My Device: Z30 + Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Can't believe that the same situation just happened to my dad's Q10.  I was googling for some answers and viola. It worked.  Does anyone know if this is carrier related or just the OS in general?  My dad's Q10 is with Verizon.  I am using an AT&T Q10 and so far, I never had an issue like this.  Hate to generalized without getting all the facts.  But do people seem to be having more issues with one carrier's devices than others?

Please use plain text.