Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

cnachiangmai
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: AIS - Thailand

issues with BBM and contacts

Hi there,<br><br>I just recently switched from 9900 to Q10 and been experiencing some issues:<br><br>- the video / voice calls over BBM are not working for me at all<br>- the pictures in the contacts are not showing in normal contacts and in BBM<br><br>Would be great if someone can help point me in the right direction.<br><br>Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: issues with BBM and contacts

For video calls over BBM the other contact must also have a Q10. For voice calls the other contact must have a BB running the latest version of BBM.

As for pictures, BBM pics only show in BBM. Pics in the main contacts have to sync from somewhere like Facebook or Twitter. It also has to do with where your contacts are syncing from.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
cnachiangmai

Thanks, John.

Understand your points. However, the folks I tried video / voice calls with over BBM are all on Q10 or Z10. It kept saying "contact is not available for video call".

As for the contact pictures, for BBM, the pictures are not showing while I know that they are there on my old device. Again, this is for BBM specifically.

Thoughts?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If it's just BBM that is the problem it is likely a BBM server issue. The pictures should sync from BBM and from your contacts' BBM. If it continues and avatars don't sync I would contact your carrier and get the issue escalated to BB.

Are you able to send regular BBM messages to those contacts? I've seen issues where during the switch from one device to another the switch does not populate to your contacts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
cnachiangmai

The normal BBM works fine. Just that the video and voice are not working.

Also for the contacts, some are populated but some are not. Any suggestion on how I force update them all?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You can't force update them. You're at the mercy of the BBM servers. You can try having your contacts make a simple change to their name or avatar. That will usually clear it up.
Please use plain text.
cnachiangmai

Thanks for the insights. Will try that.
Please use plain text.