Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
anthony1106
My Device: q10
My Carrier: fido

q10 reboots

My q10 reboots like crazy everyday and I just bought this brand new phone last month. Am I able to get this fixed if I return that?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anthony1106

Re: q10 reboots

I have tried putting a little piece of name card over my battery but that doesn't really work well. I'm tired of rebooting even when I'm putting my phone on a flat surface. I don't wanna change into apple or sumsung because I love this phone. But this problem kinda drove me crazy. Please help me out!
Please use plain text.
Developer
SiddharthAjmera
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Idea

A lot of members have the same issue, it may be a physical issue with the BlackBerry Q10. I would recommend contacting your point of sale to inquire about their replacement policies.

Click on Like Button if I helped you. Accept As SolutionIf my response solved your problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anthony1106

I have to talked to my carry already and they told me all they can do is just send it back because it's been more than a month since I purchased the phone, thank you for your reply!
Please use plain text.
Developer
SiddharthAjmera

Here are some posts on the same problem

1. Frequent automatic rebooting ...

2. random restarts / reboots

3. Re: Q10 rebooting

4. Q10 Reboot issues

Click on Like Button if I helped you. Accept As SolutionIf my response solved your problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anthony1106

Thank you for posting these solutions. However, it seems like it could either be hardware or software problem while mine must be hardware problem because it reboots everytime with a little collision, even like putting my phone in my pocket could be one of them. If I still want to return this, is it possible to get this fixed? Thank you
Please use plain text.
Developer
SiddharthAjmera

If you read all those threads carefully, you'll find that some users got their devices exchanged from their seller but the devices they got also had the same problem. So I don't think that will solve the problem either.

I would suggest you contact the BlackBerry Technical Support and inform them about this issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hcheung2us
My Carrier: wind

I am extremely dissapointing with my Q10. 

I love the phone but the restarting/rebooting while placing the Q10 on a flat surface is extremely annoying.  The restarting has been occurring twice a day and it cuts me off while I am talking to someone and then I have to wait a like a minute. Why is this happening? 

I have notice that the battery shifts out with a soft knock (or placing it on the surface)  on the phone and I truly believe that the restarting/ rebooting happens because the battery shifts out. 

Why didn't quality control in Blackberry notice this defect?  Why as a loyal customer this is happening to me?  I have been loyal to blackberry all my life started with the Pearl, torch, bold and now q10.  I am extremely dissapointing at Blackberry and quite honest I have lost all hope for this company.  I don't recommend this phone to anyone.  Maybe it is time for Blackberry to exit the market completely as Blackerry cannot event get the battery issue straight.  This should not be happening to anyone.  Apple don't have this problem.  Samsung don't have this problem. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anthony1106

These days my phone seems way better than it used to be by putting 2 pieces of hard paper over my battery. I'm a big fan of BlackBerry too and I'm so frustrated about this too. However, this is all I can do to my q10 right now.
Those 2 pieces of paper needs to be overlapped and make sure they cover the entire battery. Don't use the bottom part of the phone landing when you wanna place the phone on the surface, don't tap the bottom part. Since the battery is made of 2 parts and apparently the smaller piece is loosed. Hope this helps, most importantly, hope the developer could fix this problem asap!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alanzoac
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: SAUDI TELECOM

Dears

my Q10 is rebooting whenever it touchs something like the desk or in the car

i noticed that its restarting after a very soft schock , can you help to solve this issues ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.