Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: SAUDI TELECOM

Re: q10 reboots

have you find solution fo the q10 rebooting ??

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: SAUDI TELECOM

[ Edited ]

have you find solution for the q10 rebooting issue

please email me on the following

<removed>

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: wind

Hi Alan,

Yes, I have a embarrassing solution. I have put tapes "around the phone to the battery" only. Basically tapes is on the border of the frame to the battery. This method is working. In addition, once in a while tap the back of the phone softly and firmly (maybe once a day) pushing the battery back in. By applying these 2 methods, my Q10 reboots a lot less than before, once a month. Much less than before.

I decided to post this so that everyone can benefit from the solution.

If the company wants to turn around, please no more little problems like this. There should be better quality control. I am not here to lecture the company. The company needs to wake-up right now.
Developer
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

I have the same problem when I leave it on the desk it reboots! It's really not very pleasant.... Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,169
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hcheung2us, a common solution for some in the past has been to place a folded piece of paper or a business card on top of the battery and then replace the back cover. This often will keep the battery held more snug in place.

For the record, I have never noticed this behavior of a loose battery more prevelant with any certain model of BlackBerry, and neither the Q10.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

I too use the folded paper trick which minimizes reboots but does anyone know if there is a new back cover available that fixes the problem?

There are various back covers available at different places.

You can also try a thin piece of adhesive foam tape adhered to your battery door, gives it some tightness.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I have had the Q10 since mid summer 2013 and just recently, the past week I have been getting this problem. It seemed to happen just after the last bb10 update. Now my phone will reboot on me multiple times a day. 3 times already today. Really frustrating.

tdiguer, there are first two things I would do to trouble shoot this:

1. Remove the inserted SD Media card and see if the spontaneous rebooting persists.

2. Remove the SIM card, or get a SIM card swap from Rogers and see if the rebooting persists.

What is your Operating System loaded to your device?  From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the OS Version listed there?

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I actually connected my phone to my pc and the pc software was showing another update for the phone. Since i've installed that update it hasn't been happening.