Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: telfort NL

"language and input" button not functioning

[ Edited ]

I have a problem with my blackberry Q10. All the buttons in the setting menu seem to be working except the "language and input" button. If I either select it or hold it, nothing happens. The OS software release is 10.1.0.238 and the phone is bought in the Netherlands. Does anybody know this problem or know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: "language and input" button not functioning

That is strange.

Have you restarted the device? Have you checked if there are newer OS versions available (Settings > Software Updates)
New Contributor

That was exactly my first thought. I restarted it (didnt help) and I have the latest software update (checked it in the "software updates" menu option.

New Contributor

Update:

I have just wiped my Q10 to see if something went wrong during the initial setup. Before, I chose English and only had the english input and phone language. This time during installation, I chose Dutch and now I have Dutch input and phone language. No surprise, the menu option "language and input" is still not working. So, I can change the language of my BB only by wiping the whole phone, which is not so practical. 

Thanks in advance for the support.

New Contributor

And.. it's solved! Apparently this is caused by the SIM card of a Dutch provider (KPN, I have telfort which is on the same network). If I start my phone without the SIM card in it I can access the language menu :smileyhappy:

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

That's interesting. Never heard that a SIM card can block that menu item. I learn something new every day. Thanks for letting us know.